SOLD / FOUND TTX300 Radio/Receiver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s the difference?

And pardon my ignorance but is it just the radio that sucks on the new models or the receivers bad too? Am I able to use a better radio with current receiver on my 4s? Would that solve the delay?

Ive seen the better radios for around $100. They sound cool but I like to keep things as simple as possible. I don’t need all the features.
When change to different brand radios, you get the matching brand RX for it. Recievers match the brands specific model radio in general. Radios usually come with a reciever. With multi model radios, you just buy additional recevers for additional rigs that you add.
The STX2 is garbage. No joke. Better off with a $10.00 Newbright Toy Radio set than that garbage. Nearly everyone with that STX 2 gets a better radio. Even before any rig chassis upgrades IMO. Prices range from $60.00-$600.+. Many threads here on the popular brands cheap/dependable as well as the high end stuff. There's one for every wallet size.(y):cool: A lot of guys know this before even buying their STX2 equipped RTR. They have a multi-model radio already or order the new radio along with the rig. Arrmas are great rigs. You are buying the rig and brand...not the radio. The radio is a throw away. Hard to believe. I know. There are many threads regarding the STX2, if you want to understand better. Your call, your wallet.
Tactic TR325 Input Power Requirement: 4.0-6.0V
https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?I=TACL0325

Tactic TR326 Voltage Range: 4.0v - 8.4v the stock receiver in the Arrma rtr vehicles Idk why I thought it was 7.4v https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?I=TACL0326
I believe you. There are typos in the manuals between RTR and Retail versions. I thought so. 326 is the way to go if buying a single one. Tactic is confusing. Some are 2 channels also.

Last edited:
When change to different brand radios, you get the matching brand RX for it. Recievers match the brands specific model radio in general. Radios usually come with a reciever. With multi model radios, you just buy additional recevers for additional rigs that you add.
The STX2 is garbage. No joke. Better off with a $10.00 Newbright Toy Radio set than that garbage. Nearly everyone with that STX 2 gets a better radio. Even before any rig chassis upgrades IMO. Prices range from $60.00-$600.+. Many threads here on the popular brands cheap/dependable as well as the high end stuff. There's one for every wallet size.(y):cool: A lot of guys know this before even buying their STX2 equipped RTR. They have a multi-model radio already or order the new radio along with the rig. Arrmas are great rigs. You are buying the rig and brand...not the radio. The radio is a throw away. Hard to believe. I know. There are many threads regarding the STX2, if you want to understand better. Your call, your wallet.

I believe you. There are typos in the manuals between RTR and Retail versions. I thought so. 326 is the way to go if buying a single one. Tactic is confusing. Some are 2 channels also.

Yeah, I read about it before I bought one. Didn't know how bad it was until I had to correct the truck in the air.... terrible. Wanted it to work for my son to drive the truck at 50-75%. Are there good radios that do that? Otherwise I'll stick with the Tactic. RX/TX is something I've never really looked into. Just run what the truck come with except this new one.

At least you had some idea. A lot of guys freaked out regarding The STX. They feel like they were short changed. Mostly newcomers to Arrma products not necessarily newbs. My V4 Kraton was my 3rd 6S Arrma, thats when they changed to the STX from the TTX. I new better. I just wanted another Arrma.. I drove the Kraton for literally 10 minute maiden run. I packed it up and went home and yanked it all out. I wanted to see how bad it was. It felt dangerous:cool: to me, felt disconnected and slow with my inputs compared to several radios I currently have. Some guys running two STX's together have had wrecks from interference just between each STX. Only one could drive at a time. The 50/75/100% TH lim. is gimmick if you ask me. Many like the concept, but it is part of the braking problem some have seen and myself. Most decent radio's have a TH setting to slow it down. So if you want to pass the radio to a friend or child you can turn down the power. An old feature. The 3 pos. TH lim sliding switch is just a variation or gimmick that makes it easy to do. It flawed , but many get attatched to it. Few even say they don't mind the STX radio. I don't understand it:unsure: Driving a heavy RC at 30-50MPH with lack of control is a liability in IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back