Ttx300 $$$$

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Senton 6s
Wtf?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200119_203945_com.ebay.mobile.jpg
    Screenshot_20200119_203945_com.ebay.mobile.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 66
I was paying on average $36.USD for the 3 I got from Jenny'sRC. These are hard to come by. They are usually Take offs. These are no longer being manufactured since Hobbico went out. There is no warranty. Unless you got it with a new old stock RTR Axial or Arrma rig out of the box. I imagine if you had to warranty it, Horizon would probably have to substitute the STX2 for it. (n) But quite honestly, there hasn't been any issues reported with the TTX300 that I am aware of. Great reception and feels connected considering its pricepoint. Also it is a 3 channel radio versus the 2 channel STX2.

I've bought myself 1 over the bay in Germany, and paid 30 bucks. They do pop up every 2 or 3 weeks here. So this price point seems really crazy to me.

I was paying on average $36.USD for the 3 I got from Jenny'sRC. These are hard to come by. They are usually Take offs. These are no longer being manufactured since Hobbico went out. There is no warranty. Unless you got it with a new old stock RTR Axial or Arrma rig out of the box. I imagine if you had to warranty it, Horizon would probably have to substitute the STX2 for it. (n) But quite honestly, there hasn't been any issues reported with the TTX300 that I am aware of. Great reception and feels connected considering its pricepoint. Also it is a 3 channel radio versus the 2 channel STX2.
Tactic is still being sold by HH

https://www.horizonhobby.com/produc...hannel-slt-radio-system-with-tr325-p-tacj0300

Wow, That's good to know.(y)
I did ask Horizon about the Tactic some time ago. When I bricked a matching Rx. And all they said was that they are using Spektrums now being their house brand and all. I just don't see them bundled with newer RTR's anymore. There is absolutely no info on Tactic if you do a search. Maybe Horizon acquired Hobbico inventory?
But clearly Spektrum has replaced it in all current RTR's.

Must have gold solder throughout! ?

Yesterday I went Crawling in a snow storm with my son. Both TTX300's were drenched and still working. And dam those TX
batteries last forever.

Just in case anyone is interested in why this "massive over pricing" goes on here's why....

Ebay is a multi-million £ sales site - and one of the leading online shopping sites - unfortunately it has no option to offer a seller to have an item temporarily out of stock.

They can either: Pull the listing / let it end - meaning that that nice message stating 1067 sold - over 10 remaining which is so encouraging to buyers - wil be lost for good.

Or: Risk selling stuff whilst waiting for a delivery - and not getting it out in time ( or the supplier being out of stock).

So - what a lot of sellers do is hedge their bets for a couple of days - whilst they wait to see if they can get more etc - and put the price up to a million quid.

Doing that for a very short time does help keep their place in best match, keep the sold history etc - and this is why it is done.

Doing it for longer is counter-productive - because every visit that doesn't result in a sale - reduces the Best match weighting - and thus they may have been better ending it with a high score............

because if they relist within 7 days it will kick back in with that score ( but without the history). It is a balancing game.

But that is what you are seeing. (y)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back