Big Rock Turbuckle/Tie rod help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnnyyblaze716

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Limitless
  4. Notorious
  5. Typhon 6s
I just picked these tie rods up from Amazon and I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or what's going on but they don't seem like they fit.
Anyone have experience installing these?
Screenshot_20221001-193916_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I just picked these tie rods up from Amazon and I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or what's going on but they don't seem like they fit.
Anyone have experience installing these?
View attachment 247242
They should work, too long or too short!? Take each piece off one at a time and size them up accordingly!?

Give them a few turns, they are adjustable!?
Yeah they're adjustable but even fully extended they're not quite long enough. According to the Amazon description it's supposed to fit all models of the big rock but these are definitely to small. I ended up using 2 of the longer ones on the lower front which fit perfectly but now am left with 4 that I can't do nothing with.

Their description is wrong. It should not say Typhon or Big Rock. The Senton, Granite, and I believe Vorteks have shorter arms and links (which it sounds like what you got). The Typhon and Big Rock have longer arms and links. I would send them an email and return them.

Also with these metal links you will want to use some loctite, they like to move on you.

Their description is wrong. It should not say Typhon or Big Rock. The Senton, Granite, and I believe Vorteks have shorter arms and links (which it sounds like what you got). The Typhon and Big Rock have longer arms and links. I would send them an email and return them.

Also with these metal links you will want to use some loctite, they like to move on you.

^^This^^
These will last a lifetime.

View attachment 247254

Agreed and this is what I'm using.

@johnnyyblaze716 , Use those (lundsford) turnbuckles, stock plastic ends (super cheap) and team associated steel balls. You can pop the plastic balls out/in with whatever, but get a real tool like this and you'll love life. Everything wears and nothing will last forever except for maybe those turnbuckles, lol, but you also need some give in the steering. The plastic Arrma ends make a nice fusible link and are super cheap to replace and more than likely, you could reuse the TA balls. Just blow the thing off with compressed air after a good days use and shoot the moving parts with dry silicone.

IMG_5433.JPG

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back