Typhon Turnbuckle tie rod length

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dduncan1620

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 4s
Can someone tell me what lengths eye to eye their typhon 3s front upper and lower turnbuckles are at? Mine came whacked on delivery. Wheels look like a walleye. Thanks

All Arrma rigs come with negative toe.

1588254972398.jpeg

ok I noticed that too ? but why is that actually ? and what is the advantage or disadvantage of that?

All Arrma rigs come with negative toe.

View attachment 77695
Yeah, every rc I've gotten has been that way but I never saw it this extreme. Car couldnt stay straight even with close to full trim. Whatcha think? Links and servo seem fine without pulling the box out to make sure it's centered correctly.

Attachments

• 20200501_070308.jpg
    20200501_070308.jpg
    275.6 KB · Views: 142
Yeah, every rc I've gotten has been that way but I never saw it this extreme. Car couldnt stay straight even with close to full trim. Whatcha think? Links and servo seem fine without pulling the box out to make sure it's centered correctly.
I like mine more neutral so I adjust mine right away with a 5mm wrench. But that amount of toe in your image is what I’ve seen on all Arrmas.

Can someone tell me what lengths eye to eye their typhon 3s front upper and lower turnbuckles are at? Mine came whacked on delivery. Wheels look like a walleye. Thanks
Did you ever find the Length cause I’d like to know too lol

Looks pretty normal. You can straighten them out but will notice a wider turn radius and bit more instability at take off and high speed bashing.

That's more than mine had. 😆
Looks like camber and toe could use some adjusting from that pic. Adjust one side, then adjust the opposite side to the same lengths. A little toe is acceptable FWIW. Negative camber too.
As mentioned above it makes the car less skittish.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back