Talion Turnigy batteries

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartd

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Talion
  3. Typhon 6s
I'm looking at picking up another pair of 3S or a 6S battery to give me more driving time. I've been looking at Turnigy options (cost / performance seems good) but most of them show as 51mm wide, which is wider than the Talion battery tray, Arrma state max dimensions of 158 x 48 x 70mm (I measured my tray and it's definitely no more than 48mm wide). From this a pair of 3S at 144 x 51 x 32mm would be too wide. Things is, I'm sure I've read posts from people running Turnigy batteries in their Arrma's so are people removing the battery tray or are the dimensions on the hobbyking website nonsense ?

I'm looking at picking up another pair of 3S or a 6S battery to give me more driving time. I've been looking at Turnigy options (cost / performance seems good) but most of them show as 51mm wide, which is wider than the Talion battery tray, Arrma state max dimensions of 158 x 48 x 70mm (I measured my tray and it's definitely no more than 48mm wide). From this a pair of 3S at 144 x 51 x 32mm would be too wide. Things is, I'm sure I've read posts from people running Turnigy batteries in their Arrma's so are people removing the battery tray or are the dimensions on the hobbyking website nonsense ?
Roll them over 90 degrees and they'll fit

Not if I have 2 x 3S, that's a width of either 51mm or 64mm. Either way it's too wide for the dimensions of the battery tray, assuming the stated dimensions on the hobbyking website are accurate (I have no reason to doubt them).

Which batteries?

Various ones (graphene 5000mah 60c, heavy duty 5000mah 60c, graphene panther 6s 75c) all show as width (and height if 6S or combined height if 3S) greater than 48mm.

Yeah, Hobbyking batteries are more often than not, weird sizes. Try and stick to packs with ROAR labels on them - ROAR rules are mostly about physical size, and cell count. Not quality.

Also, if you are looking at the grey label Trunigy lipos, pass. I have a pair of 4s 5000mah 60c, both of them are oversize (they fit my v1 trays, but not a v3 battery tray) and both dropped a cell inside of 2 dozen runs. I removed the bad cell from each pack, and now I have a pair of 3s packs that won't fit anything....

Thanks, I'll give them a miss and do more searching for something within the v3 tray dimensions.

Various ones (graphene 5000mah 60c, heavy duty 5000mah 60c, graphene panther 6s 75c) all show as width (and height if 6S or combined height if 3S) greater than 48mm.
Hmm weird. I do see a lot of guys running them so they must fit.

Cheers, that explains why I've read people saying they're using them in their Arrma RCs.

The V1/V2 battery tray is wider than the V3/outcast battery tray. I bought a V3 battery tray off a Ebay kit breaker, but never installed it because of this.
No I am pretty sure I have seen some of the V3 and Outcast guys using them.

Seems that some of the Turnigy batteries will fit OK but I was looking at what was available from the UK warehouse and most are outsized.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back