Turnigy graphene 6s fitment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chad08

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Do the turnigy graphene panther 5000mah 6s batteries fit the battery trays in the kraton and outcast? I ordered some and then realized they're slightly wider than the tray.

Do the turnigy graphene panther 5000mah 6s batteries fit the battery trays in the kraton and outcast? I ordered some and then realized they're slightly wider than the tray.
I had to order a battery tray for my Mojave to get them to fit.

They fit fine in the Typhon 6s tray, which should be the same as the other 6S rigs. I just removed the top plastic piece and use the straps.

2B6C00B5-6C10-455A-8DEA-57442AACBD7D.jpeg

B97B136F-D9AD-4BC7-BA32-760FA7A923EA.jpeg

Whenever I remove the front plastic piece I replace it with a strap. To not do so is asking for trouble if you bash. Maybe it's ok for running up and down a street ?‍♂️

Whenever I remove the front plastic piece I replace it with a strap. To not do so is asking for trouble if you bash. Maybe it's ok for running up and down a street ?‍♂️
Always better to be safe rather than sorry, ...I did exactly that on my Typhon and added an extra strap. ;)
153.jpg

These batteries are way too expensive to risk them flying out and getting damaged whether jumping, speed running or whatever floats your boat. (y)

Well that's reassuring. I really didnt feel like returning them. I guess ill try taking that top plate off and see how it goes. If that doesn't work for me ill get the v2 tray.

Last edited:
Well that's reassuring. I really didnt feel like returning them. I guess ill try taking that top plate off and see how it goes. If that doesn't work for me ill get the v2 tray.
They're great batteries.

I really wouldn't bother changing your battery tray though, ...as said just remove the top plate, get an extra battery strap and you're good to go. ;)
For example straps like these: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/graphen...052&indexName=hbk_live_magento_en_us_products

Or for the genuine Arrma ones: https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR390101

I run them too: Original Outcast battery tray including the adjustable part and extra foam protection beneath and on top. Thigt a.. fit but works. Yes a little fiddly to get it in but no movement at all and good protection!

I recently rewrapped my packs with duct tape and the extra mm or 2 made for a reeeeeally tight fit. So I turned them on their sides, removed the tray top thingy, used 2 straps across (because a lenght wise strap would smush the wires on the lipo) and some sticky velcro on the bottom. They're not going anywere!

IMG_20200605_134824.jpg

IMG_20200605_195926.jpg

how's the tray holding up? i was looking to get the same battery for my kraton v4 but was concerned it might be too wide for the tray.

The battery fit that Kraton 6s and my Typhon 6s. No complaints here. I actually like the snug fitment knowing its not just banging around.

Can somebody please give the me actual size of the 6s 5.0 Graphene Panther? Hobbyking says 145x51x61mm, but that can hardly be true, since you guys seem to be able to fit it into the stock tray, which is 45mm wide.

Can somebody please give the me actual size of the 6s 5.0 Graphene Panther? Hobbyking says 145x51x61mm, but that can hardly be true, since you guys seem to be able to fit it into the stock tray, which is 45mm wide.
My Typhon 6s tray is 48mm wide, the Graphene Panther 5,000 mAh 6s pack is 49mm wide.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back