Turnigy heavy duty or Turnigy nano-tech?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warby

"Hurry up and wait"
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. ADX-10
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Senton Mega
  7. Typhon 3s
  8. Typhon 6s
  9. Infraction 4x4
Turnigy heavy duty or Turnigy nano-tech?

Which is better for bashing? What is the difference? About to buy a second battery (5000mah) for my 3s. please help me decide.

Last edited:
I've seen mixed reviews on the YouTube. Some say the standard Turnigy (not HD) are preferred over the nano-tech.

Great vid..?? I've watched this before, but for me the Graphene's still win basically because over here in the UK I cant get CNHL...!!!?

So I ordered one of each. Turnigy HD 3s and a Turnigy nano-tech 2s for my sons Senton. So I'll soon find out which is best, but please feel free to share your experience with these 2 batteries.

Last edited:
I have a heavy duty 3s and nano tech 2s the nano tech is puffing a little and they have been cycled about the same, the heavy duty is going strong. I would say for the price and what you get you can't go wrong with the heavy duty.

I have a heavy duty 3s and nano tech 2s the nano tech is puffing a little and they have been cycled about the same, the heavy duty is going strong. I would say for the price and what you get you can't go wrong with the heavy duty.

Yes i've heard this too. nano puffing and HD going strong. thanks

In my experience the nanotechs will probably offer a better discharge rate but will puff up well before the HD's.

Turnigy Panther Graphenes would have been my choice though..

I also have both and have found the same results, and will also add that the nano techs don't balance that well after a while, heavy duty still balancing perfectly after a couple of years.

I run the Panthers on my Infraction, as I mentioned in an earlier thread on here somewhere the punch on them far out performs any other battery I've used so far..?? They're a nice color too ??

I run HDs, 15-20 cycles on them, still balance nicely. I was too poor for Graphenes or Panthers, and read bad things about nano-techs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back