Turnigy Rapid series LiPo batteries

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For what it's worth I charge my 6S packs at 15A a piece, 30A but divided since they're in parallel.
Been doing that for well over a year, the packs aren't getting hot nor showing signs of disliking it.

5c is a waste and just kills your lipos, after 2c is when diminishing returns kicks in. Imho 2c is the sweet spot for charging lipos anything above that and you risk damaging the cells prematurely.

This is a 5000mah 6c lipo.

At 1C

Charger Wattage Requirement
126 Watts (W) required as an output from your charger.
148 Watts (W) required from your power supply.
5 Amps (A) charge rate required of the charger per pack.
It would take approximately 65 Minutes to charge 1 pack(s) from less than 20% capacity.

Going from 1C to 2C we see the charge time cut in half

252 Watts (W) required as an output from your charger.
296 Watts (W) required from your power supply.
10 Amps (A) charge rate required of the charger per pack.
It would take approximately 33 Minutes to charge 1 pack(s) from less than 20% capacity.

Going from 2C to 3C we only save 11 minutes

378 Watts (W) required as an output from your charger.
445 Watts (W) required from your power supply.
15 Amps (A) charge rate required of the charger per pack.
It would take approximately 22 Minutes to charge 1 pack(s) from less than 20% capacity.

Going from 3C to 4C we only see a decrease of 6 minutes

504 Watts (W) required as an output from your charger.
593 Watts (W) required from your power supply.
20 Amps (A) charge rate required of the charger per pack.
It would take approximately 16 Minutes to charge 1 pack(s) from less than 20% capacity.

And 4C to 5C is only 3 minutes

630 Watts (W) required as an output from your charger.
741 Watts (W) required from your power supply.
25 Amps (A) charge rate required of the charger per pack.
It would take approximately 13 Minutes to charge 1 pack(s) from less than 20% capacity.

I've found that hard stops, otherwise described as crashes do more damage T-T
I literally just had my pinion fall off at ~50mph on my DBXL-E on 12S, naturally that means I lost brakes.
One of my 6S packs is bent like a banana, time to retire that one, not comfortable with that at all.

Could've been worse I suppose, could've detonated in the car.

Do it. Maybe check on your lipos every couple mins and gradually increase the C rating every time you charge just to see what your brand of battery can take.

As I understand it, heat generated from charging too fast is what's dangerous and can lead to thermal runaway, if it doesn't even get above room temp then you're just wasting time going slower.
I would if I didn't hit charge and walk away every time. Plus most mine are 9000 mah. I would need a flux capacitor to charge at those rates lol
I've found that hard stops, otherwise described as crashes do more damage T-T
I literally just had my pinion fall off at ~50mph on my DBXL-E on 12S, naturally that means I lost brakes.
One of my 6S packs is bent like a banana, time to retire that one, not comfortable with that at all.

Could've been worse I suppose, could've detonated in the car.
I literally just had a situation with my xmaxx. Brand new 9000 mah 4s battery at some point slid forward in the holder. Put the smallest dent in 1 cell. Now I am anal about checking the IR before and after runs. So the pack before was between 1 and 2 across the cells. This slightly dented 1 jumped to 150ish so I decided to charge it to see what happens. Well other then it taking about an extra 20 minutes to charge it jumped over 300 that was a bomb waiting to happen for sure.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back