Granite Twin Granite BLX throttle cut out issue.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Set your LVC. The manual has instructions on what is what, and how to do it with the set button on the switch... I have an old school hobbywing program card that actually changes the settings,, but they don’t correlate with the list of settings and set points on the front of the card..... I will have to see if there are settings beyond the few that are manually programmable that the card can change....

You can switch the LVC off/ Nimh mode on the BLX100 but I don't think you can manually change the voltage setpoint. There's always a lipo alarm you could install and run in NiMh mode until the warranty replacement shows up. If it's backordered, ask for a BLX120 or a Firma 100a Smart one. They're accommodating folks.

You can switch the LVC off/ Nimh mode on the BLX100 but I don't think you can manually change the voltage setpoint. There's always a lipo alarm you could install and run in NiMh mode until the warranty replacement shows up. If it's backordered, ask for a BLX120 or a Firma 100a Smart one. They're accommodating folks.
I just set my big rock to 3v per cell tonight when I set up the ESC..... it was in the manual

Hmm. Interesting. I assume you are using the program card for that? I don't see in the manual how one could do that without one. Mine was hitting LVC at 3.7 volts (static). I would've loved to have been able to change that.

Screenshot_20210428-003440_Office.jpg

You kind of answered yourself here. If it is cutting off at 3.8 it isn't the battery but the Esc cutting off too soon. This goes in line with reports of some ESC s set wrong from the factory and going lvc at 3.8 instead of 3.4 or 3.5. OP also didn't state any voltages so you are making an assumption there. With so limited info on the situation you shouldn't be eliminating anything. My issue with the too tight slipper was that with my son's Senton it had trouble getting moving and after a few tries it cut out a few times and I had to switch it on and off. Loosening the slipper was one of the things I did to address that and now it runs fine. That wasn't equated to lvc cutoff. All that can be verified though with OP checking battery voltages especially and end run to make sure the batteries can get down below 3.5v per cell.
Well after testing his rig with MY other batteries it didnt cut off at 3.8v (it cut off around 3.5v) like i suspected so its not the esc. To further prove that its the batteries he's going to give me his and see if mine cuts off at 3.8v so keep an eye out for updates on this issue lol

And just so be clear, from some research I've done, some "cheaper" batteries, like Zeee, drop voltage inaccurately causing the esc to THINK its supposed to cut the battery off but its cutting it off too soon. This is why you are able to turn it off, and once turned back on you can run it down again to 3.4-.3.5volts. I may be explaining this a bit wrong but you get the jist lol
I just set my big rock to 3v per cell tonight when I set up the ESC..... it was in the manual
You cannot set the esc to a specific LVC unless you have a program card. Not sure what you're talking about....

Last edited:
Look at the ESC when it cuts out. If it's flashing red, it's low voltage. If it's flashing green, it's overheating.

Did you ever figure this throttle issue out ... I’m new to the r/c world myself and picked up 2 new granite blx’s the one is doing exactly as you described with losing throttle but not steering . Cycle the on/off switch and everything comes back to normal
No, I haven't. I'll look into it further once I replace the servos on these trucks. I'm pretty sure we're having the exact same problem.
IRT the throttle issue. All signs point to the ESC. The truck is still running, and the servo is still on. I can turn the wheels, except for the one truck with the dead servo obviously. I do have some battery checkers, and I've tested the batteries when the ESC craps out, and I've had readings from 3.9 down to 3.5. If the issue is the batteries, there's little I can do due to the limited options available here in Japan. I'm not using adapters, and batteries with EC5 connectors are pretty scarce. The 72000mAh Zeee batteries I use for the Kraton have run flawlessly. Perhaps it's the ESC Arrma puts in the Granite, not the batteries?

Last edited:
I have the same problem. Mine cuts around 3.8v. Kind of annoying. I'm eliminating all other possibilities before I use my warranty. I am using an XT60 to EC5 on a Lectron Pro 5200mah 50c LiPo. That could definitely be it. Going to get a Zeee 5200mah 100c LiPo with a EC5. With 100c it should have less sag when under high draw and it will eliminate the need for an adapter. If it doesn't fix it I won't hesitate to contact Arrma it's kind of a fun killer to only get half the runtime you could be getting. If they don't honor their warranty I will run the car in NiMh mode and get a external LVC at 3.3-3.2v.

I have the same problem. Mine cuts around 3.8v. Kind of annoying. I'm eliminating all other possibilities before I use my warranty. I am using an XT60 to EC5 on a Lectron Pro 5200mah 50c LiPo. That could definitely be it. Going to get a Zeee 5200mah 100c LiPo with a EC5. With 100c it should have less sag when under high draw and it will eliminate the need for an adapter. If it doesn't fix it I won't hesitate to contact Arrma it's kind of a fun killer to only get half the runtime you could be getting. If they don't honor their warranty I will run the car in NiMh mode and get a external LVC at 3.3-3.2v.
I used adapters and they eventually melted and I lost connection lol My .2cents: don't use adapters. I know some people probably have no issues, but having experienced it myself I wont run adapters ever again. I now solder on whatever connector I need and make sure to match the gauge of wire.

Thanks for the info on adapters. I would have changed the plug already if I had access to a soldering iron ATM. I am getting new lipos and they come with EC5 anyways so I will have to compare the performance. The Zeee batteries I am getting claim to be 80c if they truly are the sag should be less than my current one (50c) and not trigger LVC as easily.

To help identify if it is dropping voltage under load get a lipo alarm and attach it while running. Then you will really know how low the batteries drop at the time of cutoff.

You guys know that you can buy EC5 connectors real cheap and change your battery plugs. Buy whatever battery you want, mah and C rating, and just change the plug. It's very easy, only takes a few minutes.
Agreed but a word of caution to anyone new to this. Please be careful - only do one wire at a time and be super careful not to let them touch - if the +ve and -ve wires touch you will have a problem fast! There is a huge temptation to cut right through both wires at the same time without thinking when removing the old connector - DON'T DO IT, it will be bad for your health!
Remember these batteries are capable of pushing 100's of amps which creates a lot of heat if it has nothing else to do!

Agreed but a word of caution to anyone new to this. Please be careful - only do one wire at a time and be super careful not to let them touch - if the +ve and -ve wires touch you will have a problem fast! There is a huge temptation to cut right through both wires at the same time without thinking when removing the old connector - DON'T DO IT, it will be bad for your health!
Remember these batteries are capable of pushing 100's of amps which creates a lot of heat if it has nothing else to do!
Will do. I've let the cell connect wires touch, scared the crap out of me. Sparks and smoke. I still have the battery though. It works.

^^^^^Definitely do what he suggested. One wire at a time!^^^^^

Well after testing his rig with MY other batteries it didnt cut off at 3.8v (it cut off around 3.5v) like i suspected so its not the esc. To further prove that its the batteries he's going to give me his and see if mine cuts off at 3.8v so keep an eye out for updates on this issue lol

And just so be clear, from some research I've done, some "cheaper" batteries, like Zeee, drop voltage inaccurately causing the esc to THINK its supposed to cut the battery off but its cutting it off too soon. This is why you are able to turn it off, and once turned back on you can run it down again to 3.4-.3.5volts. I may be explaining this a bit wrong but you get the jist lol

You cannot set the esc to a specific LVC unless you have a program card. Not sure what you're talking about....

I have an old school hobbywing program card.... it works on the blx ESC... there are more settings than in the manual I got with my big rock

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back