Senton Twitchy wandering servo help?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4TFour RC

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
Today I got out my Senton 3s blx after it had sat for about 4 months or so, removed the main components and have it a good cleaning, reassembled, and turned it on with a known good battery and fresh tx batteries. The servo seems twitchy, and it looks like it's hunting for "center". I looked at the D/R and also swept the trim back and forth. Both are working as they should. Is there a simple solution for a servo that's "twitchy" in the middle, and hunting back and forth slightly when stationary? Perhaps a calibration or the rx is unhappy
Any advice welcome as servo's aren't my specialty

Servo is bricked/ on its way out. If its not that bad and operates left to right well enough, and centers for the most part, you could surely live with it for now till you get a new one. I use DS3235sg 35 kg servo off AMZ. The price is right. $34.00 and good enough for bashing all my heavy 6s rigs. You will need a 25 splined Servo saver horn like with most upgrade servo's. If you are running the stocker servo, it is usually a 23 spline. ( Spektrum servos)
The Potentiometer inside the servo is going south. Struggles to center. Gets twitchy. So it buzzes and whines. If the servo got soaked/wet, the Pot. gets corroded. One possibility why. Also make sure the screw is not too long, the one holding the arm/horn to the servo. Just some ideas.
But yeah that would drive me crazy too.

Edited.

Last edited:
I had one "glitch" while running straight. It would sent my car left or right at random. I took that evil thing out!!!!

Servo is bricked/ on its way out. If its not that bad and operates left to right well enough, and centers for the most part, you could surely live with it for now till you get a new one. I use DS3235sg 35 kg servo off AMZ. The price is right. $34.00 and good enough for bashing all my heavy 6s rigs. You will need a 25 splined Servo saver horn like with most upgrade servo's. If you are running the stocker servo, it is usually a 23 spline. ( Spektrum servos)
The Potentiometer inside the servo is going south. Struggles to center. Gets twitchy. So it buzzes and whines. If the servo got soaked/wet, the Pot. gets corroded. One possibility why. Also make sure the screw is not too long, the one holding the arm/horn to the servo. Just some ideas.
But yeah that would drive me crazy too.

Edited.

For the 3s line I would just go with the DS3225MG at $18 instead plenty of speed and torque especially for a Senton ANNIMOS 25KG Digital Servo Full Metal Gear High Torque Waterproof for RC Car Crawler Robot Control Angle 270° https://a.co/d/3sxWlq8
I actually run those in most of my 1/10th scale stuff. I even have 2 in my Summit.

Today I got out my Senton 3s blx after it had sat for about 4 months or so, removed the main components and have it a good cleaning, reassembled, and turned it on with a known good battery and fresh tx batteries. The servo seems twitchy, and it looks like it's hunting for "center". I looked at the D/R and also swept the trim back and forth. Both are working as they should. Is there a simple solution for a servo that's "twitchy" in the middle, and hunting back and forth slightly when stationary? Perhaps a calibration or the rx is unhappy
Any advice welcome as servo's aren't my specialty
You could try replacing the RX. Worked for me. I assume it was due to a small knick in the antenne due to the grub screw in the receiver box/antenna unit. It probably didn't help when I tried to pull it out when the grub screw was still in.:rolleyes:

You could try replacing the RX. Worked for me. I assume it was due to a small knick in the antenne due to the grub screw in the receiver box/antenna unit. It probably didn't help when I tried to pull it out when the grub screw was still in.:rolleyes:
I do have a second rx somewhere not in use... Just have to find it! 😆 Perhaps I'll start there and move forward to a servo if I still have the issue.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back