Two diff brand tires on Felony?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smilinbri

RC is a hobby. Arrma is a lifestyle.
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Notorious
  3. Senton 6s
  4. Senton 3s
  5. Typhon 6s
  6. Vorteks
  7. Infraction 4x4
I want to try the Proline rear tires below on my Felony Vette, mainly for bashing. I already have new fronts from my Typhon, so my question is:

Would there be any issues with the Hoons in front and Prolines in rear?

Will one of the Hoons match better? (Gold vs white vs Silver)?

Anyone use these Prolines before? Thoughts?

They have these Prolines in the front size too, so I can just try all 4 if needed. Just want to save some $$ since the season is winding down. (y)

Screenshot_20221016-094454_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Well at least the size is a match to the Stocker 53/107 Hoons.
I don't know more. Compound wise, IDK. Trial and error will dictate?:unsure:

I bet the PL's are made by Arrma in the same factory. Same Arrma Wheel. Probably the exact same rubber and belts are used. You are paying for the PL name and more for the TOYO Proxes Licensing. A proven Tread scale car design FWIW.
Just, how this translates to an RC scale rig is debatable.:unsure:
HH/Arrma owns PL now. PL was going under, and was bought out by HH.

Last edited:
I bet the PL's are made by Arrma in the same factory. Same Arrma Wheel. Probably the exact same rubber and belts are used. You are paying for the PL name and more for the TOYO Proxes Licensing. A proven Tread scale car design FWIW.
Just, how this translates to an RC scale rig is debatable.:unsure:
HH/Arrma owns PL now. PL was going under, and was bought out by HH.
Thanks for the insight. Hell, might as well just stay with the Hoons. 🤔 🤷‍♂️(y)😁🍻✌️

PowerHobby I think makes a set of Fr and Rear wheels for the Felony. Not 100% sure if for the Fel. specifically.

PowerHobby I think makes a set of Fr and Rear wheels for the Felony. Not 100% sure if for the Fel. specifically.
They're not for the Felony. The Powerhobby Gripper wheels have Felony width, but Infraction diameter. The fronts and rears are 42/100 and 54/100 respectively.

I've actually tried this and I tried the reverse as well. It didn't work out very well, the cars handling became weird AF. I will say though that the proline tires last longer than hoons and have a lot more grip.

I've actually tried this and I tried the reverse as well. It didn't work out very well, the cars handling became weird AF. I will say though that the proline tires last longer than hoons and have a lot more grip.
I thought it would make it handle weird. Thanks for that tip. Appreciate it! (y)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back