Two T2T braces

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dure16

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon TLR
I saw this pic online and am curious why someone would add a second tower brace.

Is the stock brace that weak? I’ve seen people reinforce the stock brace but this is the first time I’ve seen a second brace installed.

Thoughts?

1671532468853.png

Though a little unorthodox I'm sure it was the tried and tested axiom of, "If one is good, then two is better" that led to this. Maybe he had a spare laying around from a second vehicle that got blown apart Jon Lewis style and he just thought, "Why not?". That brace is plenty strong. I'd wager that if you ever manage to bend your T2T brace then only because you hit something hard enough to fold the bulkhead to chassis braces...and if the damage is that bad, then we're, more than likely, talking about a total write off. Just speculating, but this explanation matches up with everyday human behavior :)

IMO a t2t brace is not required on a onroad rc at all.
Respectfully have to disagree there. If you have a thick CF chassis, then you can do without any braces or support structure at all. But if you're running the stock chassis, if you hit anything with even a little bit of speed, you'll be having tacos for lunch. When my Infraction was still somewhat new and mostly stock, I sought to gain some extra real estate by making my own T2T brace based on Scorched RC's CF torsion bar...except that mine was made from 3mm thick aluminum (no, it wasn't proper T6 or anything fancy, just some generic aluminum from the hardware store.
Anyways, I had a bit of a crash, blow over, I can't remember exactly what happened but suffice it to say it wasn't anything ungodly. When I opened up the car there was a definitive v-shape in my torsion bar and the chassis had a crease in it, about where the spur gear slot is. I straightened it out, but my pinion/spur mesh was never the same again. The car was always noticeably louder and that didn't get resolved until I put the whole enchilada on a Scorched CF GT chassis with a PPS motor mount. The car has been shupa shmoov ever since.
I mean, yeah...you can drive around with out one, but based on what happened to my Infraction, I wouldn't recommend it.

It could be for actual reinforcement or just for looks..
1671542127720.png

Never hurts to have a stiffer frame when you want your vehicle to maintain its suspension geometry.

Why stop at 2?! Clearly there's room for one more!! Always room for one more!!🤣🤣😎

Don't tempt me..
I have had a Gatling style center brace floating in my head for a while now.

Whole point to the brace is to add structural rigidity. If you hit hard enough, you pop that brace through the plastic, ask me how I know. With 2, it's going to pop through that plastic mount with the same amount of ease. Might even do more damage. Who knows.

This was done for looks only IMO.

Respectfully have to disagree there. If you have a thick CF chassis, then you can do without any braces or support structure at all. But if you're running the stock chassis, if you hit anything with even a little bit of speed, you'll be having tacos for lunch. When my Infraction was still somewhat new and mostly stock, I sought to gain some extra real estate by making my own T2T brace based on Scorched RC's CF torsion bar...except that mine was made from 3mm thick aluminum (no, it wasn't proper T6 or anything fancy, just some generic aluminum from the hardware store.
Anyways, I had a bit of a crash, blow over, I can't remember exactly what happened but suffice it to say it wasn't anything ungodly. When I opened up the car there was a definitive v-shape in my torsion bar and the chassis had a crease in it, about where the spur gear slot is. I straightened it out, but my pinion/spur mesh was never the same again. The car was always noticeably louder and that didn't get resolved until I put the whole enchilada on a Scorched CF GT chassis with a PPS motor mount. The car has been shupa shmoov ever since.
I mean, yeah...you can drive around with out one, but based on what happened to my Infraction, I wouldn't recommend it.
I whole heartedly agree w/ you @Diem Turner. My stretched typhon speed runner is on a cheapo stocker kraton chassis. Before I added the tower to tower brace I could flex the chassis in my hands, which cannot be good under extreme loads @ high speeds

Why stop at 2?! Clearly there's room for one more!! Always room for one more!!🤣🤣😎
Now that’s a great point. A third one would easily fit in the middle.

And why not add more to the sides with longer screws. I bet you could fit at least a dozen. Chassis on top of a chassis.

I like where your mind is at. You're a keeper.
Don't tempt me..
I have had a Gatling style center brace floating in my head for a while now.
Chop Chop!!! Get on it, now I wanna see the thing in its final form!! 🤘
Whole point to the brace is to add structural rigidity. If you hit hard enough, you pop that brace through the plastic, ask me how I know. With 2, it's going to pop through that plastic mount with the same amount of ease. Might even do more damage. Who knows.

This was done for looks only IMO.
Question from the back ✋

...How do you know? 🤪

I bet it happened to your uncle's cousin's step nephew, didn't it?

But joking aside, I agree. That was one of those, "It seemed like a good idea at the time..." moments.

I like where your mind is at. You're a keeper.

Question from the back ✋

...How do you know? 🤪

I bet it happened to your uncle's cousin's step nephew, didn't it?

But joking aside, I agree. That was one of those, "It seemed like a good idea at the time..." moments.
I wish!

All mine :geek:

IMG_1055.jpg

IMG_1053.jpg

IMG_1052.jpg

Oh damn...!
It's Game On now ,buddy!!

Maybe I'll draft up a midget one?
Just to show Proof of Concept.. Not sure if I can ever sale such a crazy brace...

I completely agree that the t2t brace has earned its place in the rc world. I'd say anyone who bashes hard should have one (or 3,but NEVER 2).. Short wheelbase rigs are questionable for one IMO. Longer wheelbase such as kraton and bigger, definitely. I will say though that my TC kronos xtr doesn't have one, it's taken some convincing hits including a direct concrete wall smack without issue. Speed running over say 100 would seem like an automatic to me. Some extreme forces being applied to pretty much everything I'd guess at those speeds.

Ouch!! Even with all the beefcake bracing? Dang! Had to be a hard hit. How'd such a clean rig take such a nasty lick like that? Speed running? See, THAT'S why I'm not a speedrunner!! LOL . Just kiddin man, I ain't got the skillset or coin for speeding 🤪😉🍻..plus, the judge said "just one more!!" 😎 Sammy Hagar (1984)🤘
Nope, was about 10mph head on into a curb. I had the heel of my foot out but it deflected under it and wham! I did slow it a bit but not enough. Doesn’t take much of a hit to do damage to this thin slab chassis. Everything either pulled or pushed right through the plastics like butta.

Nope, was about 10mph head on into a curb. I had the heel of my foot out but it deflected under it and wham! I did slow it a bit but not enough. Doesn’t take much of a hit to do damage to this thin slab chassis. Everything either pulled or pushed right through the plastics like butta.
That sounds like a bad luck scenario..10mph. My bro twisted his typhon 6s chassis with a hit to a tree,broke a lower front arm too. He was rollin tho, 25ish I'd guess.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back