Two wheel drive felony?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eatin beaver

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Has anyone tried running rear wheel drive to be able to have the option of running the same size tires?
Just a thought

Most people just swap one of the diffs to make them match. If you match the fronts you basically have Infraction gearing (42/15 front and rear) or if you match the rears you've got 45/14 front and rear.

Thanks guys for the insight.
I was thinking for a solution before I do the rear diff swap.

Could lock up the center diff or swap in the limitless spool then remove the front shaft to make it RWD.
It will not handle well and braking will be reduced by some 60+%

Rear wheel braking just down-right sucks!
I guess you could fit the handbrake to the front diff somehow to add front brakes, but that’s a lot of effort IMO

Could lock up the center diff or swap in the limitless spool then remove the front shaft to make it RWD.
It will not handle well and braking will be reduced by some 60+%

Rear wheel braking just down-right sucks!
I didn’t do my research before buying but I still love everything about it except being locked into one set of tires.
Thank you!

A RWD setup will provide WAY too much understeer. Just not how this Long WB chassis is setup for. You will also lose speed, traction, and directional stability.
Just bite the bullet and make it an Infraction Drivetrain. And move on. New GT body and all. The Felony was a bad Drivetrain design. I think many just loved the look of the multipiece body on the BOX Art. Fragile at that. If only the rear wheels remained wide, just not taller. Would have been better.
I never liked the Felony body FWIW. Not my taste. Never really liked the Infr body as well. Thought Infr. would grow on me. But no matter the paint color it is painted, not feeling it.
Just me.

If I had a felony I'd do the gear swap and kraton hubs/knuckles to fill the rear track. https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...n-so-i-can-run-42-100-hoons-all-around.27999/

I feel like arrma hurt their bottom line with the different diameter tires in the long run. Initially the only option was 107 Hoons. Then other companies started making wide tires that fit gear and body styles across the board, arrma could've captured those sales from the jump and saved on R&D making gears and tires specific to one vehicle.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back