Notorious Two years Warranty

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noratrace

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Brought brand new notorious 6s.i used it for one hour. Then smoke poured out of it. I went to inspect under the cover and found out that the centre diff. round cover had melted and disintegrated ..I've taken it back too shop which I brought it from.so waiting it being repaired. Just wondering if anyone have any idea's on how long it takes to repair. Cus I don't wish to be taken advantage of.also anyone got telefone no too arrma parts/ complaints etc thanks

Is the hobby shop offering the warranty or horizon?
I repair my rigs myself but if I had a faulty part out of the box I would have contacted horizon about it.

Probably takes ~hour depending how familiar you are with the model as long as it's just the diff.

Is the hobby shop offering the warranty or horizon?
I repair my rigs myself but if I had a faulty part out of the box I would have contacted horizon about it.

Probably takes ~hour depending how familiar you are with the model as long as it's just the diff.
Not sure who's offering the warranty .but the hobby shop said that there's 2 year warranty on the notorious whilst I was buying the item from hobby shop. Thanks for comment

HH offers the 2-year warranty. Email them and get the process started.

strange never melted a centre diff in 5 years was you driving full throttle all the time

A couple of weeks ago I ran my Talion hard on grass, last thing I worried about was center diff.

Sounds like an underfilled diff from factory. I strip down any new RC down to the last screw, including topping up the diffs, to avoid hassles like this. Considering how new it was, you should open a warranty case with Horizon Hobby (HH)

strange never melted a centre diff in 5 years was you driving full throttle all the time
Maybe if the diff case was made of metal instead of cheap hong kong plastic then it wouldn't of melted. I put my typhon 6s through the same torture and more and thats perfect .which is made the same. ..by the way don't it advertise (don't just bash, blast )

Maybe if the diff case was made of metal instead of cheap hong kong plastic then it wouldn't of melted. I put my typhon 6s through the same torture and more and thats perfect .which is made the same. ..by the way don't it advertise (don't just bash, blast )
Doesn't matter what the diff case is made out of if the diff was under filled or dry it will destroy itself. Your local shop will likely handle it with HH if it's brand new, but you can always contact HH for warranty with your receipt and they will take care of you. Your local shop will hopefully fix it right away.

Doesn't matter what the diff case is made out of if the diff was under filled or dry it will destroy itself. Your local shop will likely handle it with HH if it's brand new, but you can always contact HH for warranty with your receipt and they will take care of you. Your local shop will hopefully fix it

Doesn't matter what the diff case is made out of if the diff was under filled or dry it will destroy itself. Your local shop will likely handle it with HH if it's brand new, but you can always contact HH for warranty with your receipt and they will take care of you. Your local shop will hopefully fix it right away.
I wonder do you know their telephone number please
A couple of weeks ago I ran my Talion hard on grass, last thing I worried about was center diff.
Meaning ?

maybe it got a stone stuck under the diff or like l3phturn said there was no diff oil in it :unsure:

My wife just got me the Notorious 6s V5 for my birthday on 3/27.Same thing happened to mine, but my ESC and motor went up in smoke too. I've been in the hobby for awhile but I didn't make sure if the center diff was low or dry, just made sure the mesh was good and everything was tight cause I was only gonna run it for 10 min and it was the same day she brought bit home. Waiting on HH now!! I was pretty pissed but I have other rigs I can run for the time being.

I ended up taking notorious back too the shop where it came from so that they can fix it .I just asked them too upgrade it too a metal diff case instead of plastic cheap hong kong plastic. They did but it cost me 15 quid for upgrade seem to be better now. But having said that I brought a typon v5 6s around the same time and thats still running the same plastic centre diff case.
My wife just got me the Notorious 6s V5 for my birthday on 3/27.Same thing happened to mine, but my ESC and motor went up in smoke too. I've been in the hobby for awhile but I didn't make sure if the center diff was low or dry, just made sure the mesh was good and everything was tight cause I was only gonna run it for 10 min and it was the same day she brought bit home. Waiting on HH now!! I was pretty pissed but I have other rigs I can run for the time beh

I ended up taking notorious back too the shop where it came from so that they can fix it .I just asked them too upgrade it too a metal diff case instead of plastic cheap hong kong plastic. They did but it cost me 15 quid for upgrade seem to be better now. But having said that I brought a typon v5 6s around the same time and thats still running the same plastic centre diff case. I'm new to rc myself but the notorious is a beast of a machine..wot your take on that

Run thicker diff oil (many like 300k-500k cst) to avoid this in the future. Also, you'll get more wheelies 😁

My wife just got me the Notorious 6s V5 for my birthday on 3/27.Same thing happened to mine, but my ESC and motor went up in smoke too. I've been in the hobby for awhile but I didn't make sure if the center diff was low or dry, just made sure the mesh was good and everything was tight cause I was only gonna run it for 10 min and it was the same day she brought bit home. Waiting on HH now!! I was pretty pissed but I have other rigs I can run for the time being.
I know that I'm a little late in this..lol... HH replaced everything for me on warranty. They sent me new motor,ESX, 13&12 TOOTH PINION, CENTER DIff&mount,front&rear dog bones,and new shims..It took about a week to get everything going and than another week for everything to get here.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back