Tyhpon tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrokeBoiRc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Typhon 3s
I want to do more stunts with my typhon 3s but I find the stock tires don't seem to have enough mass to flip that easily. Anyone have any good suggestions for bigger tires?

Try out some of your other tires from your other rigs that might fit to get a feel for how big you need.:)
Or PL 2.8 Badlands maybe?

MX28 Badlands, any of the Duratrax 2.8MT tires, or any other 2.8 MT tire with 17mm wheels.

MX28 Badlands, any of the Duratrax 2.8MT tires, or any other 2.8 MT tire with 17mm wheels.
would I have to change the gearing with those so it doesn't get too hot? Or is stock gearing ok with those?

would I have to change the gearing with those so it doesn't get too hot? Or is stock gearing ok with those?
Yes I would drop down in the 16-18T pinion range to keep the motor from overheating.

I second what Jon said, any 2.8" MT with 17mm hexes is the ticket.

I had Duratrax Lockup MTs on my Typhon and they made flipping significantly easier. Those particular wheels/tires are 12mm so I ran an adapter and it didn't take long for one to strip a wheel. I wish they made that wheel/tire combo with a 17mm because they were amazing while they lasted.

Last edited:
I second what Jon said, any 3.8" MT with 17mm hexes is the ticket.

I had Duratrax Lockup MTs on my Typhon and they made flipping significantly easier. Those particular wheels/tires are 12mm so I ran an adapter and it didn't take long for one to strip a wheel. I wish they made that wheel/tire combo with a 17mm because they were amazing while they lasted.
3.8MT tires are going to be hard to keep the front wheels on the ground. If you just want to do flips down the street, then OK. But if you want any semblance of a driving experience, 3.8” on the 3S rigs isn’t fun at all.

3.8MT tires are going to be hard to keep the front wheels on the ground. If you just want to do flips down the street, then OK. But if you want any semblance of a driving experience, 3.8” on the 3S rigs isn’t fun at all.
Meant to type 2.8, I haven't run 3.8.

I second what Jon said, any 2.8" MT with 17mm hexes is the ticket.

Where did you find an adapter to fit 12mm wheels on 17mm hexes? I've been searching with no luck.

Any chance you have a link?

Adapter was the wrong word. I was able to run 12mm wheels because this was a Senton being converted to a Typhon and it still had Senton axles.

You could run 12mm wheels on a 3S Typhon if you installed Senton axles and these 12mm hexes:

https://www.hobbytown.com/arrma-12m...MI2-fn3YGD7wIVExmtBh1jVQOMEAQYBCABEgJzMPD_BwE

I recommend keeping your stock 17mm parts and accept the limited tire/wheel options because it's the strongest design. 12mm wheels are almost guaranteed to strip on 3S.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back