Typhon Typhon 2019 V3 Hop-Ups

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

<pAuL>

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hello! I am new to this sport. I just got a 2019 V3 Typhon. I would like to hear your ideas on aluminum hop-up parts. I would really like to strengthen the front suspension and all steering parts. At least to start with. I know I'm gonna hit something! Thank you!

Typhon 6s right? They are very tough as is, just run it until you see a need. Maybe get a set of sealed bearings, I use Jim’s, and a T-Bone front bumper. For now money would be better spent or saved for more batteries and a good charger. Just my opinion. Main thing is to have fun with that typhon, if that means putting some upgrades on it by all means go for it. We all do but much of it is not “needed” but part of the fun. Good luck with that buggy, great choice.
Jim

I am running a 7500mah gensacearespammers 4s 100c 15.2 volt battery. Thanks for responding.
I meant 3s or 6s version but I think you answered my question indirectly with what Battey you are running. These buggies are very tough out of the box so I wouldn't change a thing tbh, at least til you run it. Here is a thread if you did want some upgrades if your so inclined.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/new-typhon-3s-coming-in-old-mega-on-brushless-conversion.11725/

I would like to hear your ideas on aluminum hop-up parts. I would really like to strengthen the front suspension and all steering parts. At least to start with. I know I'm gonna hit something! Thank you!
Welcome aboard. (y)

My personal opinion of a lot of the aluminium parts is that they can be a waste of money and detrimental to your R/c if you do crash.
I look at it this way that plastic has some give in it whereas aluminium and other metals don't so much. For example: If you hit something hard with a plastic wishbone arm it may bend for a second but then should return to shape, ...you do that with an aluminium wishbone arm and most likely it's bent (you can try straightening it afterwards but usually they're never as strong again or as straight).

There is also the ripple effect whereby you might strengthen bits of your R/c with aluminium and stop them from minor damage or breaks that you'd experienced with plastic parts but then find other things getting damaged instead as the forces travel along to the weakest link.

I crashed my Typhon at high speed into a concrete curb a few months ago during one of my speed runs (I do speed runs with mine on tarmac roads).
38 First crash.JPG

The damage was minimal considering the impact speed and it was repaired for a low cost, ...had I been using aluminium wishbones then replacing them would have been not so cheap.

Can't blame you though @<pAuL> if you do want a bit of bling as I've been there and done it myself but if you're hoping to run it more than make a "shelf queen" of it then I'd leave the aluminium parts, for now at least. ;)

P.S. If you do want to see a "blinged up" Typhon for inspiration then have a look at "digger_rc" from Germany on Instagram.

Welcome aboard. (y)

My personal opinion of a lot of the aluminium parts is that they can be a waste of money and detrimental to your R/c if you do crash.
I look at it this way that plastic has some give in it whereas aluminium and other metals don't so much. For example: If you hit something hard with a plastic wishbone arm it may bend for a second but then should return to shape, ...you do that with an aluminium wishbone arm and most likely it's bent (you can try straightening it afterwards but usually they're never as strong again or as straight).

There is also the ripple effect whereby you might strengthen bits of your R/c with aluminium and stop them from minor damage or breaks that you'd experienced with plastic parts but then find other things getting damaged instead as the forces travel along to the weakest link.

I crashed my Typhon at high speed into a concrete curb a few months ago during one of my speed runs (I do speed runs with mine on tarmac roads).
View attachment 36970

The damage was minimal considering the impact speed and it was repaired for a low cost, ...had I been using aluminium wishbones then replacing them would have been not so cheap.

Can't blame you though @<pAuL> if you do want a bit of bling as I've been there and done it myself but if you're hoping to run it more than make a "shelf queen" of it then I'd leave the aluminium parts, for now at least. ;)

P.S. If you do want to see a "blinged up" Typhon for inspiration then have a look at "digger_rc" from Germany on Instagram.
Holy crap digger_rc typhon is insane. Lol

WOW! Thank you all! Great advice. Why fix what's not broken? Oh yeah, it is a 6s buggy! My battery is a 4s 7500mah gensacearespammers hard case. What a hardcore battery!

WOW! Thank you all! Great advice. Why fix what's not broken? Oh yeah, it is a 6s buggy! My battery is a 4s 7500mah gensacearespammers hard case. What a hardcore battery!
Wait til you go 6s, it's a whole new beast. Just do your battery homework when going 6s as the typhon battery tray is 51mm in height and it's harder to find batteries to fit in that tight space. Enjoy your rig?

turnigy heavy duty are pretty good iv winded up busting every hard case iv owned lol but they get the job done too

Typhon 6s right? They are very tough as is, just run it until you see a need. Maybe get a set of sealed bearings, I use Jim’s, and a T-Bone front bumper. For now money would be better spent or saved for more batteries and a good charger. Just my opinion. Main thing is to have fun with that typhon, if that means putting some upgrades on it by all means go for it. We all do but much of it is not “needed” but part of the fun. Good luck with that buggy, great choice.
Jim
Thank you kindly!

V3 with a tactic or 2019 v4 with spektrum? Either way throw out your remote and reciever b4 it glitches out and you lose your car to a deadly crash. Especially v4 spektrum. I try to warn everyone b4 there car takes off like mine and commits suicide
Most say the sevro and esc suck pretty bad too. Im going to replace the electronics as soon as i can. Preventative maintenance

Tactic Radio is fine. Ive been running 4 of them with zero problems for a year. Just keep good batteries in them. I may eventually go with one radio for all but often my wife or someone else will be with me so having a radio for each works out. The stock servo works and will last if end points are set correctly. A better servo will boost performance for sure but again if money was tight I would still rather have another battery than a fancy servo in the light wheeled typhon. Bigger trucks yes, the stock servo is a little weak.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back