Typhon 2s shock upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tali214

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
Looking at a future shock upgrade for my Typhon 2s any tips/suggestions?

Typhon MEGA on 2S? Typhon 3S on 2S? Either way you’re probably good where you’re at with stock shocks and tuning with preload and fluid. Unless they are leaking, which you can fix or upgrade from.

There’s a megaton of options out there but the most frequently recommend is Typhon 6S shocks. They are pricey and nearly impossible to find because they are popular.

Search the forum and you’ll find lots of options. Good luck.

Typhon MEGA on 2S? Typhon 3S on 2S? Either way you’re probably good where you’re at with stock shocks and tuning with preload and fluid. Unless they are leaking, which you can fix or upgrade from.

There’s a megaton of options out there but the most frequently recommend is Typhon 6S shocks. They are pricey and nearly impossible to find because they are popular.

Search the forum and you’ll find lots of options. Good luck.
I have the Green Typhon 2s mega brushed one but I do run a 2s lipo with it for longer run time. not sure how to fix them leaking or what fulid to run for general offroad/onroad bashing.

I have the Green Typhon 2s mega brushed one but I do run a 2s lipo with it for longer run time. not sure how to fix them leaking or what fulid to run for general offroad/onroad bashing.
Screenshot the relevant portion of a post I made here.

382E0934-F64D-4A6E-A040-FA18F995143B.png

To this day they still are leak-free. I recommend cleaning yours and filling them with 50Wt fluid to start, as I found that a happy medium.

Screenshot the relevant portion of a post I made here.

View attachment 56443

To this day they still are leak-free. I recommend cleaning yours and filling them with 50Wt fluid to start, as I found that a happy medium.
Thanks for the info on this, I'm going to give this a go for my 3s shocks. Rebuilt them with the green slime on the orings, which worked for a few runs, but started to leak again. So I'm keen to get more orings and give this method a try.

Thanks for the info on this, I'm going to give this a go for my 3s shocks. Rebuilt them with the green slime on the orings, which worked for a few runs, but started to leak again. So I'm keen to get more orings and give this method a try.
Nice. I’m sure you know exactly what I’m talking about then - that plastic spacer between the two o-rings is about 3 o-rings thick, depending on what you buy. Not an expensive experiment either, I think I spent $6 on the o-rings. They’re also at any old hardware store in the plumbing section.

Save those plastic spacers btw. They make great shaft spacers if in the future you want to drop your car a bit for speed runs. Lol.

38B11403-4AC8-4050-B218-ED80B87BC3BD.jpeg

Interesting, but i found mine leaked from the bottom cap (body) o-ring, not from the shaft o-rings.

The best solution i think is the hot-racing shock bodies, it keeps the stock springs and piston, and do not leak at all.

Interesting, but i found mine leaked from the bottom cap (body) o-ring, not from the shaft o-rings.

The best solution i think is the hot-racing shock bodies, it keeps the stock springs and piston, and do not leak at all.
That’s a great point. I’ve had that type of leak as well where it seeps out of the rim. Maddening. I threw in the towel for that shock because nothing I did fixed it.

GPM Racing also makes some nice shocks. Either the Granite or Typhon 6S shocks would work. Come in different colors too.

https://www.gpmparts.com/gpm-racing-arrma-granite-4x4-mega-monster-truck-c-1532_4405_4628.html
Yes but when you consider that those cost almost as much as Typhon 6s shocks they stop looking as nice. Would you spend Corvette money on a Chevette? I sure as hell wouldn't. For the money there are better options for shocks.

I haven't added them to the master list because well it's GPM and their cheap low quality crappy parts do not deserve the attention. If you want to make a shelf queen by all means go to town with GPM stuff, if you want an actual functional car that will survive more than 1 landing buy something that isn't made out of cast or stamped Chinesium.

Yes but when you consider that those cost almost as much as Typhon 6s shocks they stop looking as nice. Would you spend Corvette money on a Chevette? I sure as hell wouldn't. For the money there are better options for shocks.

I haven't added them to the master list because well it's GPM and their cheap low quality crappy parts do not deserve the attention. If you want to make a shelf queen by all means go to town with GPM stuff, if you want an actual functional car that will survive more than 1 landing buy something that isn't made out of cast or stamped Chinesium.
@slick2500 is GPM really that bad? I've heard Integy isn't great, and I was considering GPM for alu knuckles and C-hubs.

I don't understand your rage and I don't want to. GPM make decent parts at a decent price and have great customer service. The thread starter asked for suggestions and I provided one.

@slick2500 is GPM really that bad? I've heard Integy isn't great, and I was considering GPM for alu knuckles and C-hubs.
Yes their products are made of subpar materials. If it has plastic expect the plastic to either strip out or break really easy. The aluminum is made out of some sort of butter soft 6061 T6 aluminum that is bent easier than anything I have seen. The only parts they make that I have not seen people have issues with are their wheel hubs or axle carriers, other than that, it's either cheap crappy plastic, aluminum parts that bend easy or in a lot of cases do not even fit.

Integy is supposed to be better, mainly their billet stuff though, but mostly the same thing, shocks that leak or don't even work properly, like their reservoir shocks, aluminum parts that bend, parts that don't fit and plastic parts that strip out or break rather easily. But again the wheel hubs or axle carriers seem to not have problems.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back