Typhon 3s 4x4 BLX upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know that thread, but since you suggested the Tekno I figured you had a specific PN in mind...
anyway, I'm really impressed with the shocks I'm using now, maybe a tiny bit too soft

here I'm popping some long wheelies

I know for the 4s, the SCT 410 shocks match up pretty well, but 3s shocks are a bit shorter due to shorter arms.

Personally I'd just buy 4s shocks for like $30 and slap em on the 3s. Much larger and stronger, I haven't had any issues on my 4s. Can make up the length difference by removing spacer clips.

quick update!
some time ago I noticed that the front wheels/arms/shocks weren't properly aligned, but yet again the whole front steering section is not really straight to begin with, so I did not investigate that much.

then the other day I've noticed that actually 1 turnbuckle is badly bent and arms are also not straight anymore i would say.

I ended up taking everything apart, clean and replace arms, short turnbuckles, front skidplate and bumper.

I haven't tuned the turnbuckes in almost a year so I've bought the mega ones, fixed turnbuckles.

Attachments

• IMG_9818.JPG
    IMG_9818.JPG
    119.7 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_9819.JPG
    IMG_9819.JPG
    122.5 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_9816.JPG
    IMG_9816.JPG
    270.5 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_9817.JPG
    IMG_9817.JPG
    288.6 KB · Views: 52
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back