Typhon 3s and new pc.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Make some chains for the tires and take it outside. I’m heading to my in-laws for New Years and they have over a foot of snow. I’m taking my outcast and kraton for a blast in the snow and can’t wait

Make some chains for the tires and take it outside. I’m heading to my in-laws for New Years and they have over a foot of snow. I’m taking my outcast and kraton for a blast in the snow and can’t wait
I've run rc cars in snow before, the issue that you run into is the chassis sits on top of the snow and the tires just sit there and spin. Something heavier like a Kraton and Outcast would fair better for sure.

So I cannot for the life of me get this motor module out of the truck, I watched the how to video and his just slides out nice and easy. I have literally wedged the tab up and tried prying it out and it still will only move like 1mm. Am I doing something wrong?

I don't get it. I have to be missing something, remove the screw from the bottom.
Check
15460623970679079900117017448709.jpg

Slide battery strap out and remove center driveshaft.
Check and check.
15460624472218578255602148942664.jpg

Pill up on this tab.
Check.
15460625082474413795328505030821.jpg

Slide motor out?

Stare at giant depression in thumb.
Check.
15460625770028694741600303745223.jpg

Stare at motor still in car.
Check........
15460627481607163478210972721735.jpg

Okay well after prying on it for 10 minutes it finally popped off. It was seriously glued on. Feels like CA glue.
15460639321882855739636092239400.jpg

It's hard to get off period & that still doesn't seal the thing or keep the junk out of the module. While pulling the tab up, wedging a flat head in the gap helps a ton.

@bicketybam, I remember you took this part from your mega and used it in the Granit BLX. Did you have any issues with it on the Granite? Something that can explain why they omit it?

Yes. It forces the motor leads to lay on top of the cooling fins. I ended up melting one of them so I stopped using it.

It's hard to get off period & that still doesn't seal the thing or keep the junk out of the module. While pulling the tab up, wedging a flat head in the gap helps a ton.

Other than removing it for the very first time when the truck is brand new, I always have to use a big flathead screwdriver to pry it forward. Always clean out the channels before you reinstall. A little oil in there helps for the next time.

The other pain in the ass is reinstalling the diffs. It's hit or miss for me. Sometimes I can get it fairly easily and other times it feels like I going to break a shock trying to get the second slider shaft back on.

And people wonder why I pull these things apart before I run them.
I really should get one of these. :D

Okay so it's not just me. They must have a magic one in the video on Youtube, like he literally just pulled the tab up and the module slid right out. I was just like what the **** man.

Okay so it's not just me. They must have a magic one in the video on Youtube, like he literally just pulled the tab up and the module slid right out. I was just like what the **** man.

It gets even worse after driving in sand, mine was completely stuck. And as bicketybam mentioned pulling out the diffs feels like breaking the driveshafts or the shocks. Maybe it's a trick i can't master but i prefer just some screws.

Well I have to say, snow is probably better than mud. I’ll trade you my mud for your snow. Just took my Kraton out and now it has mud all over it....I just tore the friggin thing apart and cleaned it. Seems like the ground is always wet around here in winter....doesn’t freeze it’s just wet.

Well I have to say, snow is probably better than mud. I’ll trade you my mud for your snow. Just took my Kraton out and now it has mud all over it....I just tore the friggin thing apart and cleaned it. Seems like the ground is always wet around here in winter....doesn’t freeze it’s just wet.
20181217_150748.jpg

So far I have been nothing but impressed with Horizons customer service. I emailed Horizon that the motor lead retainer was missing and this is the email response I received from them.
Screenshot_20190102-160019_Inbox.jpg

So far I have been nothing but impressed with Horizons customer service. I emailed Horizon that the motor lead retainer was missing and this is the email response I received from them.
View attachment 26447
I bought a Kinexsis 4000kv combo from a lhs in the summer. The esc pooched after a month. Emailed the receipt and a pic of the combo to Horizon, and they sent me a whole new combo, not just the esc. That's pretty dam good service.

Yeah, I have been pleased with them so far too. They upgraded my Granite servo to the ADS-7 amd sent me a new ESC to boot.

AND pic #2. Almost looks like the Tyco Rebound I had as a kid.
I had a Tyco Rebound too. I loved that thing.

I bought a Kinexsis 4000kv combo from a lhs in the summer. The esc pooched after a month. Emailed the receipt and a pic of the combo to Horizon, and they sent me a whole new combo, not just the esc. That's pretty dam good service.
It's kind of weird, but I have never given them a copy of my receipt for anything.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back