Typhon Typhon 3s axle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gulfertx

Reaction score
Anyone having issues with the stock axles on the typhon 3s? My sons typhon keeps blowing them up. I’m looking for some type of upgrade axles, any recommendations welcome. On side note, I already adjusted the slipper clutch and it still breaks the axle.

Are you running buggy tires? Or is this a truggified typhon?... I've never popped a shaft with buggy tires.. doesn't mean it cant happen.. I have about 75 runs on a stock pair.. holes are wollered out and all, still going strong...

You can purchase the upgraded shafts from arrma.. they are cvd style.. but still composite in the center.. they seem to be the answer to everyone's shaft complaints.. but they come at a price..?

Are you running buggy tires? Or is this a truggified typhon?... I've never popped a shaft with buggy tires.. doesn't mean it cant happen.. I have about 75 runs on a stock pair.. holes are wollered out and all, still going strong...

You can purchase the upgraded shafts from arrma.. they are cvd style.. but still composite in the center.. they seem to be the answer to everyone's shaft complaints.. but they come at a price..?
Lots of recent people asking this even after they have loosened their slippers. Wondering if there was a bad batch of driveshafts made ??‍♂️?

Coming from a Senton owner, done it twice,.. but I found my issue. Rocks getting stuck in the lower control arm, will either blow it apart, or wear an ear down until it breaks.

Lots of recent people asking this even after they have loosened their slippers. Wondering if there was a bad batch of driveshafts made ??‍♂️?
I have the slipper clutch a little too loose to keep it from breaking the axle. But it’s still popping them. You’re probably right. Must be something going on with the replacement axles

Anyone having issues with the stock axles on the typhon 3s? My sons typhon keeps blowing them up. I’m looking for some type of upgrade axles, any recommendations welcome. On side note, I already adjusted the slipper clutch and it still breaks the axle.
Axles or driveshafts? You said axles, but everyone is replying about driveshafts. I upgraded to Typhon axles for my Granite. So far they've been rock solid.

Axles or driveshafts? You said axles, but everyone is replying about driveshafts. I upgraded to Typhon axles for my Granite. So far they've been rock solid.
He means composite slider driveshafts. I have never broken an axle nor seen one broken. I have amazingly broken a diff output shaft tho ??

He means composite slider driveshafts. I have never broken an axle nor seen one broken. I have amazingly broken a diff output shaft tho ??
I broke a diff output shaft as well once before somehow ?‍♂️ , but never broke a driveshaft or an axel..

I broke the screw inside the axle though - so basically axle broken - but thats on my 4S

That's why I was wondering, because so far these Typhon axles have been rock solid. I was snapping the Granite axles regularly.
Yeah come to think of it, I have busted off Granite style axles but never Typhon style.

Is it blowing the front or rear driveshafts?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back