Typhon Typhon 3s blx ESC wiring

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattystoy

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
Hi Guys.
Just had a blast with my new typhon 3s blx and found that one of the wires going from motor to ESC has popped out of the body, caught on something and broke through the insulation. Can you purchase the wires and change them or is it a repair job?

Many Thanks
Matt

Hi Guys.
Just had a blast with my new typhon 3s blx and found that one of the wires going from motor to ESC has popped out of the body, caught on something and broke through the insulation. Can you purchase the wires and change them or is it a repair job?

Many Thanks
Matt

Repair job. How bad is it?

IMG_20190621_190230.jpg

Wiring all looks undamaged but insulation pretty cut up. Also some damage to connector but just superficial I think. Only just done it so not had a real good look. Leads not available as a spare then? Heat shrink you think?

Last edited:
doesn't look that bad, i would just heat shrink it.
Great thanks. I'll give it a go. I'm a novice and think I'm wrecking it already. Any tips to help prevent grit dust water ingress. Already trashed the rear wing wheelying. Wheel nuts and wheels scraped. Skid plates damaged. Think I need L plates. ??

Wow awesome. I'll look into it. Thanks again. What about internal covers to protect gainst dust, grit and gravel?

Very cool 3D print. I've had good luck with zip tying the cables on my Big Rock. Had to do it a bit differently for the typhon, which you can see here (FF to 1:45):

View attachment 41337
Wiring all looks undamaged but insulation pretty cut up. Also some damage to connector but just superficial I think. Only just done it so not had a real good look. Leads not available as a spare then? Heat shrink you think?

As long as the internal cable isnt damaged.. Just put some heatshrink over it..

If you want to keep them three cables together.. Take some real big diameter heatshrink.. And put all three in that single sleeve..

Another option.. Like i did in my 6s typhon..

You have a cable holder in there.. To make sure cables don't come out.. Drill a small hole though both sides of it.. And just put a tiewrap though it..

IMG_20190621_233428.jpg

Last edited:
As long as the internal cable isnt damaged.. Just put some heatshrink over it..

If you want to keep them three cables together.. Take some real big diameter heatshrink.. And put all three in that single sleeve..

Another option.. Like i did in my 6s typhon..

You have a cable holder in there.. To make sure cables don't come out.. Drill a small hole though both sides of it.. And just put a tiewrap though it..

View attachment 41342
You can see the ziptie through my cable holder here on my outcast in the lower right corner:
2019-0426-Outcast-HWHeatSink-EscSideLow.jpg

Keeps the wires in there pretty well. I also have zips holding both sides of the connectors in a bundle tightly, so if one has to come loose, all 3 have to come loose. I have yet to have them come unplugged.

Great info guys. Can't believe the response I'm getting. Thanks.

IMG_20190622_194926.jpg

Heak shrink fitted on all 3 wires.
Used the cable clamp off an old 3 pin plug.
Used the cable clamp off an old 3 pin plug.
IMG_20190622_194957.jpg

Seems OK. I'll give it a try tomorrow. Thanks everyone for your help.
I use this stuff on cabling... https://hobbyking.com/en_us/catalogsearch/result/?q=wire mesh

Great at tidying up cables and keeping them out of the way of moving parts..??
Are Hobbyking OK to order from? Heard a few bad reviews so never considered them.

Attachments

• IMG_20190622_211258.jpg
    IMG_20190622_211258.jpg
    299 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_20190622_194957.jpg
    IMG_20190622_194957.jpg
    257.9 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back