Typhon Typhon 3s blx or senton 3s blx?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StsStorm

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi, im trying to decide between the typhon 3s blx or the senton 3s blx. I like how to typhon looks but i feel like its less durable than the senton with those front shocks showing but from the senton i've seen in a few videos that show the rocks get stuck on the steering link and it doesn't steer to the side until you shake the rocks off so i really don't know which one to pick between those 2, i usually run them on the street or dirt with small rocks, also which one would be better if i decided to take them to the dunes lets say.
Thanks.

My personal bias lead me to the Typhon only because I think Short Course trucks looks stupid.

-edit- Although I would really like a SCB.

Last edited:
I was in the same boat last week.... I went with the Typhon.... Not disappointed at all.

I'm worried about it damaging it but so far I have been able to get them out and carry on

My brother has broken the front shock twice. Mine has held up so far but I don't trust it. I already ordered an upgraded shock

He isn't very good at avoiding obstacles but the shocks do seem to be a weak point on the Typhon. The Typhon will turn on a dime. It will handle much better than the Senton. It will land lighter too. The thing I never liked about the Senton is that it seems to hit hard when jumping it. The other thing about the Typhon shocks is they are not sold as a unit. You buy the parts you need for it. The repair was only $5 and 10 minutes work to fix the shocks.

He isn't very good at avoiding obstacles but the shocks do seem to be a weak point on the Typhon. The Typhon will turn on a dime. It will handle much better than the Senton. It will land lighter too. The thing I never liked about the Senton is that it seems to hit hard when jumping it. The other thing about the Typhon shocks is they are not sold as a unit. You buy the parts you need for it. The repair was only $5 and 10 minutes work to fix the shocks.
I saw in a video that arrma parts for the typhon would be available mid february

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back