Typhon Typhon 3s BLX steering problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pandianightcross

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
  2. Typhon 3s
Hey all, Ive gotten myself a new Typhon 3S BLX. And Ive found myself constantly having to re-adjust the center of the steering. I would adjust it and be fine for like a few seconds and then have to re-adjust it again. Im not new to RCs , but this is annoying to say the least. My Outcast 6s doesn't have this issue , any thoughts?

Sounds like the servo is having trouble finding center.. i had one that did the same in my outcast..warranty it would be the route to go..or grab a good upgrade.. which wouldnt hurt.. or do both..lol

I have a couple of servos here laying around I could try and see if that works. But yea will do the warranty thing if its a servo (might as well take advantage of that warranty LOL)

Yep, my 6s Typhon did this... either the servo struggling to find centre (cheap potentiometer?) or your steering linkage pillow balls etc could be a tad too tight. When I loosened my steering a little it helped a lot but then my tracking was less precise.. :/

I had the same issue with my 3s Typhon. I upgraded the servo to Reedy 1514mg and the problem was gone. I also upgraded the steering bell crank with Hot Racing aluminium one. Helped even more.

Ok, used one of the servos laying around here (was a cheap china 15kg metal geared onefrom hobbyking) and guess what problem gone. You know this truck mostly is a breeze to work on, but will say working on that servo ......... not hard but probably the most pain in the butt on the 3s Typhon.
Also another quick question (didnt want to start a new post for this). Do they make a metal spur for the Typhon 3s?

Last edited:
Excellent.. so its confirmed the issue was in the servo... I found the easiest way to service the servo is to just pull the whole rx and servo mount tray.. flip the car over and remove the one screw from the bell crank.. then remove the screws that hold the whole module.. I like how they even marked the tray and the servo saver with arrows to line up center, I think that was pretty slick...

Yes on the spur... you can use the 4s spur gears, you can also use the whole assembly, slipper clutch and all...

Ok, used one of the servos laying around here (was a cheap china 15kg metal geared onefrom hobbyking) and guess what problem gone. You know this truck mostly is a breeze to work on, but will say working on that servo ......... not hard but probably the most pain in the butt on the 3s Typhon.
Also another quick question (didnt want to start a new post for this). Do they make a metal spur for the Typhon 3s?
Did your servo cause the steering to veer one direction then kind of fidget a lil like it couldn't make up its mind I'm having that same problem if so.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back