Typhon Typhon 3S BLX - XLWB/6S = 82.8mph so far.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I went a bit overboard and created a 23,400 uF (0.02F!) 6S (8S rated realistically) ripple reducer (no kill like overkill). Setup to run a Y harness for testing. Will need to probably package this better at some point.

1662086457210.png
1662086494271.png

Off to do some testing this week when the wing mount arrives.
I can flip this board around a bit and just solder the EC5/6MM's/whatever to a "pinbox" on the bottom left of the first picture.
I'll probably build an epoxy dam setup for them if i like the layout, or 3DP/Epoxy-fill

Last edited:
Let's get low, lets get fast. 23/47T (84mph guess)
1662815824771.png

Lowered the wing mount (working on my own 3D printed vorteks/others tower compatible one as well)
1662815851143.png

1662815936185.png

Got my body mount solution almost perfect (white plastic getting replaced with carbon tube, thanks hobbyshop!)

1662815786665.png

Last edited:
2022 winter/2023 spring project

View attachment 244713

View attachment 244714

Yes, the vendetta towers are super super low, no I don't think I want to make the car have that little suspension travel.

I may use a heat gun and just adjust the body. Future Alex problems
That's badazz,if ya run into any fitment issue's I know alot of tricks to help fitment,,,sorry bro I've been sooo busy...testing gt car today with new gearing,going for world record hit sat morning in sagut if ya wanna come check out a 150+ run..hopefully a 160mph run...
well I will eventually have a bit larger motor to play with. Thanks weak euro/usd!

View attachment 246449
Great motor,I've had about 3 of them,can handle 6s,I ran 78mph with blx185 an 2650kv couple years ago on 6s with 26/50...

That's badazz,if ya run into any fitment issue's I know alot of tricks to help fitment,,,sorry bro I've been sooo busy...testing gt car today with new gearing,going for world record hit sat morning in sagut if ya wanna come check out a 150+ run..hopefully a 160mph run...

Great motor,I've had about 3 of them,can handle 6s,I ran 78mph with blx185 an 2650kv couple years ago on 6s with 26/50...
I have your 3S supercap all finished up riding around in my truck too. (now shrinkwrapped and "ruggedized" as best I can on a prototype)

Saturdays are terrible for me (kids have gymnastics) but who knows. I'll run into you at some point haha!

I bought this motor specifically because you torture tested it for me first haha.

1664394500986.png

Looking forward to 100mph+ on 6S on the big 40mm can! (starting around 23/47)

maybe if I get it running right i'll gear way up and run 4S and see if i can even make it on the charts!?

Last edited:
Will that cap ya built me handle 4s??? Started running detta on 4s..ripple is crazy high....did 0-114-0 in 1100ft in less than 8 seconds in subdivision.crazy fast in short distance

20220928_165503.jpg

Screenshot_20220928-164109_GNSS PA.jpg

I can put one of those together too. The first one I built is 3S only, i'll get a 4S going too.
Awsome,., ill buy them both asap..not sure what ya want for them, I've got a motor that screams behind mm2 that would be perfect for your car...could trade ya for something you need or cash🤷‍♂️.I've got a bunch of good used 3s packs.

Awsome,., ill buy them both asap..not sure what ya want for them, I've got a motor that screams behind mm2 that would be perfect for your car...could trade ya for something you need or cash🤷‍♂️.I've got a bunch of good used 3s packs.
Test them for me, help me make it better. maybe i can borrow an old blown up 4068 for measurement or something haha.
I'm going to have all kinds of issues this winter with that delta plastik body, so i'll save the favors haha

Test them for me, help me make it better. maybe i can borrow an old blown up 4068 for measurement or something haha.
I'm going to have all kinds of issues this winter with that delta plastik body, so i'll save the favors haha
Naw,body will fit great,already does..narrowing track might be the only thing ya need to do.ill definitely help ya get it mounted. Have ya painted,done a gt body yet????

running senton arms, so i am likely a bit too narrow actually.
I've painted a ton of 1/10 indoor and 1/18-1/24 stuff (10-15 years ago). I will probably use my vinyl cutter to make some masks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back