Typhon Typhon 3S BLX - XLWB/6S = 82.8mph so far.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

autolex

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
  2. Typhon 6s
  3. Vorteks
Starting a Thread for my first 1/8 buggy build, This is my "loaner" chassis that grew a weird second purpose.

Only updated picture out of order below: Left was day 1 (hoons and shocks, stock basically everything) | Right is the current situation (updated occasionally)

Front.JPG
1662492050249.png

______________________________________________________________________________________________
(I have a 6S Typhon that I just keep bearings and fluid and tires in for the local dirt parks)

Currently, it's got:

Castle MM2
Surpass 3674 2250KV
Mojave/Typhon 6S shocks
HR spool w/53T
20T Pinion
Custom Vendetta/Limitless front "wang" that probably needs to be cut down
vendetta rear diffuser
stupidRC F1 Wing
HR Steering/Uprights

Rear.JPG

My kids call it the "typhoon" which is ironic, cause it's a regular typhon, just about to get longer...
I have an XLWB 4S chassis and driveshaft sitting on my workbench, and i've started dissassembly of the regular "LWB" 3S chassis pan.
I also have some Senton control arms/shafts/dogbones on the way to narrow things down a bit.

It's geared around 85mph on 6S, which i think i may have enough power to do, but we'll have to see.

More updates and pictures as I take them.

Last edited:
Cool ride,I've built about 5 very similar, so fast I end up crashing them up..I've been testing the new hot racing spool for the 1/10...turns them into animals on 3,4s...currently running 27/34 with 3080kv motor...nice build👍
I call mine mini-typhon..lol
20220725_144826.jpg

I've built some ridiculous fast cars,these swb 1/10 cars are the most crazy fast cars I've ever done,even on 3,4s....I've told everyone that ya learn to tune a 5lb swb 1/10 like these to go strait ya can tune any speedcar to go strait.thezesetups are GREAT for learning to tune a speedcar..I've learned sooo much from the mini-typhons I've had...teach ya where to have downforce(wings),diff fluids to run,an how they affect car....the smallest changes to a 5lb 100mph rc are very noticeable....every speedrnner should own a mini-typhon....I mostly use mine to run down packs closer to storage after running speedrun cars,an for a quick rc rip FIX in the neighborhood.so fast an fun

Last edited:
that's wild looking! I am hoping to retain some level of ability when i swap to regular 3S shocks and buggy tires. nice thing about this is it should still work well as a torquey basher/loaner when i put the regular typhon bumper parts on

Figuring out body mounting while I wait for jennys to ship the 3S senton suspension parts.

Adapter Template.JPG

on to 1/8 CF sheet

Transfer.JPG

Cut/Mount/Epoxy/Fab coming tomorrow probably to fit the LWB body on the XLWB chassis

more pics of my "adapter" and the tiny 3300mah 100C battery i'll likely be running (yes, with a 6S ripple killer)

Adapter-3300mah.JPG

Stretched.JPG

Still a bit of fab to do here, going to mount the body pin arms to the bottom of the carbon with epoxy/carbon blend. going to drill a few holes for penetration too

inside.JPG

Went ahead and ordered some 3S Vorteks Towers/Diff Covers.

They're a bit shorter and should let me still use my front bumper mounts but switch to a shorter shock body. In addition the rear may work as it's own body mount solution. going to stop messing with it until parts get here.

Last edited:
Getting a bit slimmer.

Today, I mounted the Hot Racing pivot balls, the Senton arms/links, the Vorteks towers (which should fix my body mounting issues with some spacers).

Moved the 6S Typhon front shocks to the rear and have a set of Limitless rears coming for my front.

not too far away from an operating skinny typhon 6S!

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
Took it out to my test road on 20/53T on 6S. Theoretical top speed (obviously drag is going to play a factor here) is 78mph at 3.8V per cell.

1661905131852.png

It Certainly got close to that!

1661905081862.png

need to take everything down and inspect it all, will probably drop to a 20/47T setup and start trimming the front "wang" a bit.

Cheap "graphene" yowoo 6S pack never got hot, Castle MM2 never got hot, surpass motor got pretty warm!

If your already thanking of a better motor,surpass 4068-2650kv is a beast on 6s an runs surprisingly cool for overvolting it,ran one couple yrs ago 26/57 78mph on 6s in a senton that kept going airborne. Great,cheap,motor..mm2 is an amazing little esc.mine had no problems running 100mph on 4s..mine seams alot more powerful than the junkie mmx6s I got.ive run better times with mm2 than swapping in xlx would run....crazy

At some point a monster motor may be in order, going to play a bit more with gearing first. You make valid points though! haha
Castle data logging is also something to think about...helps you understand how system works an also tells ya what its doing throughout runs logging is a gamechanger

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back