Typhon Typhon 3s Clicking front wheel?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kierthas

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Typhon 3s
My right front wheel has a clicking sound coming from it, I've looked at the bearings they both spin freely, looked at the cross pin joint it seems fine as far as can tell. Can really only hear it when I let it coast pass me. Anyone know what the clicking might be? none of the other wheels are having the issue.

My right front wheel has a clicking sound coming from it, I've looked at the bearings they both spin freely, looked at the cross pin joint it seems fine as far as can tell. Can really only hear it when I let it coast pass me. Anyone know what the clicking might be? none of the other wheels are having the issue.
Might be the gears on the diff or the gears on the input gear. Or both. If one of the teeth get chipped or broken off it will make a clicking sound. However, it is usually most noticable on acceleration or braking. Maybe look for a small twig that is stuck somewhere in the wheel or drivetrain.

Might be the gears on the diff or the gears on the input gear. Or both. If one of the teeth get chipped or broken off it will make a clicking sound. However, it is usually most noticable on acceleration or braking. Maybe look for a small twig that is stuck somewhere in the wheel or drivetrain.
Ya its just the one front wheel doing it, I took the hub appart checked bearings, checked the shaft and looked for pebbles/sticks in the cross pin joint, nothing, its a mystery to me at this point thx for the post. I can check the front diff but I feel like it would have a click on both sides if it was that I could be wrong though lol.

Last edited:
Check the a-arm where the outer driveshaft u-joint is. My tears started rubbing due to my new shocks being just a bit too long.

I have had small pebbles jammed in the chassis and rubbing the driveshaft near the diff u-joint and had the same issue.
Let us know what you find.

I have had small pebbles jammed in the chassis and rubbing the driveshaft near the diff u-joint and had the same issue.
Let us know what you find.
Checked for any debris there's nothing I can find even disassembling the front hub and taking the shaft out. Just changed the pinion a bit ago so its not the spur gear but that's in the back wasn't expecting to find anything there. I'm off work Friday guess I'll check the front diff then. Its barely audible so I'm not too worried it's just bugging me cause it wasn't doing that till yesterday lol

Check the joint on the shaft also.
Just trying to run through what could make a clicking sound.
Good luck

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back