Typhon Typhon 3s Diff fluid

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig76

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
Changing all the bearings on a typhon 3s and doing some general maintenance and was wondering what the best weight diff fluid is?

Seems to be lots of different advice on the internet with everything from 6k to 100k recommended.

Last edited:
Changing the all the bearings on a typhon 3s and doing some general maintenance and was wondering what the best weight diff fluid is?

Seems to be lots of different advice on the internet with everything from 6k to 100k recommended.
How do you run your Typhon? If you are just doing general bashing, I would say F100K/R20K. If you’re track racing, maybe F20K/R10K. If you’re speed running, as high as you got. I’ve gone 100K front and rear, but next swap I’m going 500K.

Mainly on fields and trails.

Lots of fast twisty running so handling is paramount.

Mainly on fields and trails.

Lots of fast twisty running so handling is paramount.
Then stay 20K or less in the rear. Front you can do what you want and it will be fine, but thick rear fluid makes turning under power understeer drastically.

Probably just go 10k rear and 30k front.

Any idea what it is stock?

Probably just go 10k rear and 30k front.

Any idea what it is stock?
Hey Craig76,

I'm in the same boat. Just waiting on parts to be delivered before i take apart the typhon 3s and i'm running it the same way you would be. Let me know how the diff oil combination works out for ya!

Changed the fluid over the weekend and no way was that 10k in there.

I ended up just using a decent 10k front and rear and car definitely performs a bit better with less tire ballooning on the front. Will try upping it to 20k on the front next.

Changing from the stock bearings is definitely a must as they were awful. Car is only 4 months old most bearings were grinding slightly and one literally disintegrated when pulling it off.

What do you think now, after all this time?10k rear and 30k front still your choice?

where did you get the replacement bearings? You satisfied with them?

I personally haven't tried the ceramic however the sealed are much better than stock and IMO are very much worth it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back