Typhon Typhon 3S Drag Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jondilly1974

Speed running apprentice, motor Slayer 🤘
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon 3s
So after seeing the thread by @Dutch and plenty of online videos, I decided to start my Typhon drag build. Nothing special so far. Just ordered tires and wheels today.

Here is a quick run down:

LWB chassis
Granite arms & links (narrow track desired)
BLX120 & 2400kv motor
57T steel spur / 13T pinion
Typhon body & wing
Home made ghetto wheelie bar (in progress)

Removed:
Front diff
Front driveshafts
Center driveshaft
Center bearing holder

I used old worn out outer section of the driveshafts after removing the u-joint and clipping off the tabs for the front wheels. Minimal mass to spin. Spins for a long time when it flips over (it has).

For now I have some non-drag wheels and tires just to play around until the ProLines arrive. I tried some 3.8 Road Rage on the rear and holy crap does that sucker hook. Instant backflips off the hit (was tried before a wheelie bar was made).

Went down to 2.8 Road Rage on the rear and those are just too small to get much grip. Ended up going with my MX28s on the rear for now. I have some buggy on road tires on the front.

Last thing for the night was a packed a diff for the rear with Painters Putty in hopes of locking it for the most part. The 100k diff that is in there now still oversteers and diffs our. I will put the new diff in and try to finish up the wheelie bar tomorrow.

06E6B53B-CFDD-42C2-B44F-089BD882CD33.jpeg

Last edited:
So after seeing the thread by @Dutch and plenty of online videos, I decided to start my Typhon drag build. Nothing special so far. Just ordered tires and wheels today.

Here is a quick run down:

LWB chassis
Granite arms & links (narrow track desired)
BLX120 & 2400kv motor
57T steel spur / 15T pinion
Typhon body & wing
Home made ghetto wheelie bar (in progress)

Removed:
Front diff
Front driveshafts
Center driveshaft
Center bearing holder

I used old worn out outer section of the driveshafts after removing the u-joint and clipping off the tabs for the front wheels. Minimal mass to spin. Spins for a long time when it flips over (it has).

For now I have some non-drag wheels and tires just to play around until the ProLines arrive. I tried some 3.8 Road Rage on the rear and holy crap does that sucker hook. Instant backflips off the hit (was tried before a wheelie bar was made).

Went down to 2.8 Road Rage on the rear and those are just too small to get much grip. Ended up going with my MX28s on the rear for now. I have some buggy on road tires on the front.

Last thing for the night was a packed a diff for the rear with Painters Putty in hopes of locking it for the most part. The 100k diff that is in there now still oversteers and diffs our. I will put the new diff in and try to finish up the wheelie bar tomorrow.

View attachment 87498
:ROFLMAO: I was think about going with million weight also but went with silicone ear earplugs instead, Hope it get it out tomorrow and she what she does. Mine also has the clipped driveshafts in the front and it free wheels really nice.

So I couldn’t sleep last night and decided to work on the Drag build a little more. I recently changed my Typhon 6s into a speed runner and had the TYP[HOON] body sitting on a shelf. So I decided to utilize it instead of the Typhon 3S body.

Here is a little sneak peak....

image.jpg

More coming soon.....

How did you make that wheelie bar
What hearing did you run? How are your diffs holding up? Sorry for the questions I want to build one

How'd I miss this..!! ?
What length chassis are you using Typhon or Granite ?
I have my 3s Arrma just sitting doing nothing, maybe a drag build is next..?

How'd I miss this..!! ?
What length chassis are you using Typhon or Granite ?
I have my 3s Arrma just sitting doing nothing, maybe a drag build is next..?
Typhon. I am still waiting for rear wheels and 12mm hexes. Good thing I wasn’t in a hurry. ?

Typhon. I am still waiting for rear wheels and 12mm hexes. Good thing I wasn’t in a hurry. ?
What body mounts did you use retrofitted onto the towers? I like how you used the stock bumper spring mounting points to secure them.

What body mounts did you use retrofitted onto the towers? I like how you used the stock bumper spring mounting points to secure them.
Those are Senton 6S mounts from when I ran the TYP[HOON] body on my Typhon 6s in my avi

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back