Typhon 3s Driveshaft

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bsw9090

Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Typhon 3s
I know I had seen other similar posts. I broke the front driver driveshaft, and looking at replacements, and for the most part, I'm putting aluminum replacements in, instead of the plastic.

Does anyone have suggestions for front and rear driveshafts? Also, what about shock oil (I didn't do a search on this yet), I know there are the different weights, bit trying to find it for bumpy terrain right now, possibly doing jumps in several months (when I get around to making them lol). I did break the wing, and removed it, and currently have a senton body on it, which I'll probably be swapping back to typhon soon.

Any other parts I should think about having replacements of? I've front the front and rear suspension bars changed, multiple tie rods, shocks for front and rear, tires to badlands.

Check out the sticky/pinned posts in many of the forum sub sections on here. The answers to a lot of your questions are in there. Control + F or Command + F on a Mac will come in handy, just search for typhon in those threads.

The typhon is difficult to upgrade due to the longer arms. My suggestion would be to go with another RC if you want to heavily upgrade it, such as a 6S. I've gone down the road of upgrading a Typhon 3S only to go with something else $400 later... But honestly if you keep the Typhon 3S strictly on 3S it should hold up fine. Maybe upgrade the shocks since the stock pistons bend easily, but everything else should be good.

Just to ask, are you referring don't really upgrade, just replace with stock is kind of what you are suggesting, or are you saying replace with upgraded parts from other models?

I'm new into the hobby, and I've already got the 3s, and some broken parts, and just trying to fix it, with something reliable...

Just to ask, are you referring don't really upgrade, just replace with stock is kind of what you are suggesting, or are you saying replace with upgraded parts from other models?

I'm new into the hobby, and I've already got the 3s, and some broken parts, and just trying to fix it, with something reliable...
I tried to put my Typhon 3S on 4S, and that's when the axles started breaking as you mentioned. I assumed you were trying to go for more power also. Since Arrma doesn't make a direct fit upgrade for the Typhon, it's a hard path to go down. That's why I mentioned just going with another rig if you're looking for more power.

But on 3S, the typhon is awesome and you shouldn't really break anything. If you are, I'd suggest loosening your slipper clutch some. On 3S, you may just want to consider upgrading the shocks, but anything else would just be for looks as it's built pretty solid to handle 3S power.

Yeah, the parts that I've replaced have simply been due to operator error, and learning how to drive lol.. suspension arms, tie rods, shocks, motor mount was bent, and slipper gear.

I've been slowly loosening the slipper slightly, as I am thinking the same think of being too tight, but the shocks, I'm just looking to learn about the oil for that, and what to replace the driveshafts with to get it back running lol.. other than that, I love it! Also, I do need a wing... ive been hard on this little car lol 😆 🤣

Yeah, the parts that I've replaced have simply been due to operator error, and learning how to drive lol.. suspension arms, tie rods, shocks, motor mount was bent, and slipper gear.

I've been slowly loosening the slipper slightly, as I am thinking the same think of being too tight, but the shocks, I'm just looking to learn about the oil for that, and what to replace the driveshafts with to get it back running lol.. other than that, I love it! Also, I do need a wing... ive been hard on this little car lol 😆 🤣
That's the way we show our RCs love! haha. If you don't already know about Jenny's RC, check them out. Get your replacement parts much cheaper than buying directly from Horizon.

https://jennysrc.com/collections/arrma-typhon-4x4-3s-blx-ar102696

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back