Typhon 3s drivetrain gone tight after crash

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marshy22

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
Hey, I’ve just had 2nd blast with new typhon 3s and hit a curb straight on not overly quick and bumper took the hit and show no sign of damage but now it feels like all the gears/drive train have gone tight. Only gave it quick test after crash but soon as you back off throttle Is slows the car right down as there a lot of resistance. Any ideas what happened and what part of it I need pull apart To fix it? thanks

Hey, I’ve just had 2nd blast with new typhon 3s and hit a curb straight on not overly quick and bumper took the hit and show no sign of damage but now it feels like all the gears/drive train have gone tight. Only gave it quick test after crash but soon as you back off throttle Is slows the car right down as there a lot of resistance. Any ideas what happened and what part of it I need pull apart To fix it? thanks
Motor mount is bent
Get the adjustable motor mount who is machined and a front bumper the stock one does absolutly nothing to absorb impact

Check that you didn't break the plastic chassis mount and bend the chassis shoving the front middle driveshaft into the center diff .

Wow thanks for the quick response everyone especially this time of night, motor mount would make sense I’ll check that first any brand of replacement you’d recommend? (Was looking to go adjustable anyway just not this soon as mech seemed quite tight out the box) also after T-bone bumper but no stock In uk anywhere :(

+1 on the motor mount! It may have bent in the crash. Disassemble it and flatten it if you can, or you could get the adjustable motor mount. You can also fit the old or new Granite bumper! ?Preferably the new one when it comes into stock as I've heard the old one breaks often:

Adj. motor mount: AR310898
Old bumper: AR320402 with AR320410
New bumper: ARA320605 with AR320410

Just to say I stripped it down and it was definitely the motor mount which looked more like a pringle!
so safe to stay you lot know your stuff :)
Thanks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back