Typhon Typhon 3S ESC Replacement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiamiRC

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Typhon 3s
  3. Vorteks
I posted a week or so ago here about a power issue with my Typhon. Arrma kindly sent me a replacement motor but this didn't resolve the problem. They're currently thinking about whether they want to also send me an ESC replacement but depending on how long that takes I may just order my own. But I have a couple dumb questions. The part number per my manual is AR390069 but when I search on say Jennys for BLX100 I get these results, all of which are labeled BLX100 but have different part numbers. Will these all work in my Typhon or is there some difference I need to be aware of?

Second question, should I get a BLX120 instead so I can run 4s in the future? I assume I can still run that ESC on 3S with the stock motor. Any reason that is a bad idea? Thanks!

I posted a week or so ago here about a power issue with my Typhon. Arrma kindly sent me a replacement motor but this didn't resolve the problem. They're currently thinking about whether they want to also send me an ESC replacement but depending on how long that takes I may just order my own. But I have a couple dumb questions. The part number per my manual is AR390069 but when I search on say Jennys for BLX100 I get these results, all of which are labeled BLX100 but have different part numbers. Will these all work in my Typhon or is there some difference I need to be aware of?

Second question, should I get a BLX120 instead so I can run 4s in the future? I assume I can still run that ESC on 3S with the stock motor. Any reason that is a bad idea? Thanks!
If you want an aftermarket ESC, look at the Hobbywing MAX10 SCT. The BLX120 would be fine, but IIRC you cannot run 2S, only 3S and 4S. Not sure if that affects your choice.

So not to be thick headed but does that mean any of the three will work? On the one hand I would think the ESC across Typhon, Granite etc. would be the same but on the other hand why are there three different listings and no part number listed. Thanks

So not to be thick headed but does that mean any of the three will work? On the one hand I would think the ESC across Typhon, Granite etc. would be the same but on the other hand why are there three different listings and no part number listed. Thanks
Yes they all use the same ESC

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back