Typhon Typhon 3s for drag racing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soloudsmith

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has used there typhon 3s for drag racing. If so can you help me out with what Pinion and spur gear y’all run? What shocks with what oil. Looking forward to seeing people’s set up ms and seeing what I can put together

I haven’t actually built mine yet, but when I do it will be probably 20T/57T. You will likely want to get some 6S shocks and put bump stops on the inside to drop the ride height and stiffen the springs as much as possible. Delete the center driveshaft as well as the front diff and shafts. You could find a way to strap your lipo up the center maybe. Put the ESC in the battery tray instead. Depends on what lipo you are going to choose. If you’re going into a competitive league, they have tons of rules. If you’re doing it for fun, sky’s the limit. Here is a pic of my Typhon 3S ready for an 8S speed pass tomorrow (not drag)

34C14AE4-4743-4BEF-A576-995260251927.jpeg

I haven’t actually built mine yet, but when I do it will be probably 20T/57T. You will likely want to get some 6S shocks and put bump stops on the inside to drop the ride height and stiffen the springs as much as possible. Delete the center driveshaft as well as the front diff and shafts. You could find a way to strap your lipo up the center maybe. Put the ESC in the battery tray instead. Depends on what lipo you are going to choose. If you’re going into a competitive league, they have tons of rules. If you’re doing it for fun, sky’s the limit. Here is a pic of my Typhon 3S ready for an 8S speed pass tomorrow (not drag)

View attachment 86770
That thing looks sick. What esc/motor setup you using? And what’s your fastest pass(just curious, im thinking of building a speed run typhon myself)

That thing looks sick. What esc/motor setup you using? And what’s your fastest pass(just curious, im thinking of building a speed run typhon myself)
I no longer have that car in that config. But it had an MMX8S and TP 4050 3200kv in the end. I did 131mph with that setup and it had a lot more in it, but the road I was using just was too uneven for such a light car and air would get under it and flip it. I would for sure buy a Vendetta these days instead. Way less work to get to 130’s

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back