Typhon Typhon 3S motor removal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any chance you have some instructions on how to setup the slipper clutch on the typhon 3s? When i took mine apart there seemed to be a bunch of dried up loctite in it. was weird - do you normally add loctite on the screw that holds it in place? I can't find any details in the manual on how to setup the slipper clutch. I did see something on youtube about using that red tool that is supplied. I wasn't even aware that tool was for the slipper clutch.
The red tool is for the Mega versions. The BLX versions use a hex allen tool instead.

so just tighten up the hex screw? i have no idea how tight to go on it.
The instructions are on the back of the manual. Put the hex tool inside the slipper and roll the rear wheels forward to tighten or backwards to loosen.

The red tool is for the Mega versions. The BLX versions use a hex allen tool instead.
There is a technical mannual that unfolds and it shows the breakdown of the slipper clutch and it recommends a very tiny amount on the screw.

Loctite is recommended any time the screw goes into metal. I usually use it on those areas only.

There is a technical mannual that unfolds and it shows the breakdown of the slipper clutch and it recommends a very tiny amount on the screw.

Loctite is recommended any time the screw goes into metal. I usually use it on those areas only.
So you need to back the screw all the way out to add some locktite, then insert it back in and let it sit for 24 hours?

So the motor mount is once again stuck. I have spent the last 30mins trying to remove the motor once again and it just won't budge. I haven't even i run it since i changed the motor mount and spur gear. I managed to break the center driveshaft mount again, so another $20 to arrma. well done! how the hell am i supposed to get this stupid motor out? I just want to change the pinion and its just too hard. is it just me or is something wrong with my car? I am breaking screw drivers and other tools trying to get this stupid motor out. I feel like i need to take apart the diff to get it out or something.

i managed to get the whole back assembly taken off and still no luck getting the motor out. I even sprayed electrical lube oil but no luck. even got the hammer out! anyway, decided to give up. I will run it until it dies or anything relating to the motor dies and then keep it as a parts car...

i managed to get the whole back assembly taken off and still no luck getting the motor out. I even sprayed electrical lube oil but no luck. even got the hammer out! anyway, decided to give up. I will run it until it dies or anything relating to the motor dies and then keep it as a parts car...
That really does not seem correct. I have taken the engine mount out on both my brcc and typhon. Neither were that difficult to get out. Have you definitely taken out the red block where the battery strap goes? Maybe take some photos and post so others can help you troubleshoot.

That really does not seem correct. I have taken the engine mount out on both my brcc and typhon. Neither were that difficult to get out. Have you definitely taken out the red block where the battery strap goes? Maybe take some photos and post so others can help you troubleshoot.
I agree. There is no way it shouldn't pry out. But if that red block hasn't been slid out of the way then there is no way the mount will slide.

Hi, my first post here and relatively new to RC world. Can someone help with some instructions on how to remove the motor in the Typhon 3S?
I removed the center driveshaft and screw that holds the battery strap. I can’t see anything else that holds the motor in. There is a tab which you seem to pull on, but the motor doesn’t seem to budge.
Was planning to change pinion/metal spur and motor mount.
You did REMOVE the red battery strap block, not just the screw that holds the red block, right?

Yep definitely took out the red block. There really isn’t much that holds it all in place. I am going to run it a few times this weekend and see if anything loosens up.

Yep definitely took out the red block. There really isn’t much that holds it all in place. I am going to run it a few times this weekend and see if anything loosens up.
Don't pull it out with your hands! I did that the first time and broke the center bearing support for the drive shaft. I find it works best to wedge a pair of needle nose pliers between the motor unit and the chassis. I work from each side of the differential input and slowly pry it back until it comes free. I got my motor out, but I did break one of the two mounting bolts. They used quite a bit of loctite and before I new it I had sheared it. I tried to drill the remainder out of the motor, but the bit ended up deflecting into the aluminum a little. All I wanted to do was route the wiring better!

Debris gets in under the motor stopping it from sliding out , give it a shake and try some compressed air then pry it out with a screwdriver slowly and give it another shake to remove the debris then on each side of the motor pry again until you see some movement it will move just be patient!!

it took a hammer and about 5 minutes of bashing with the hammer to get the motor mount out. I don't think the motor mount part was the problem at all. It seemed stuck between the slipper and the input gear. The motor module seemed to slide out easily enough after the slipper and input gear came loose.
After I finally removed the motor module, I rebuilt the car on a new chassis and converted it to a Typhon 4S.

it took a hammer and about 5 minutes of bashing with the hammer to get the motor mount out. I don't think the motor mount part was the problem at all. It seemed stuck between the slipper and the input gear. The motor module seemed to slide out easily enough after the slipper and input gear came loose.
After I finally removed the motor module, I rebuilt the car on a new chassis and converted it to a Typhon 4S.
Jesus! I’ve never needed a hammer ??

Did the rear diff input get seized onto the slipper hub? Never had that happen. Glad you got it tore down.

Sticking a big flathead screwdriver between the power module and the chassis has always worked well for me. I just rotate the screwdriver back and forth (rotate it to get the blade to force the two apart) and alternate sides (left and right).

I generally use two smaller flatheads, one on each side of the input shaft, between the power module and the chassis, and try to pry evenly. It usually takes very little effort. I always clean out the chassis skids after too. There’s usually dirt and gravel in there.

Mine had some sort of adhesive on that part.

Jesus! I’ve never needed a hammer ??

Did the rear diff input get seized onto the slipper hub? Never had that happen. Glad you got it tore down.
i tried everything that everyone has mentioned but it just didnt work. It seemed to somehow be stuck onto the slipper. anyway, the hammer did a good job of the motor mount. i had to get a new slipper and motor mount, but all good since then.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back