Typhon Typhon 3S motor removal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Old post I know.
Had this problem today on a brand new Typhon. I just wanted to install an HR motor mount.
The power module would slide out about a 1/16 of an inch and stop firm. Like it was hitting something.
This is with the 1 screw removed and the battery strap block moved out of the way. Broke the thumb tab off
With all the fussing and prying with flat blade screw drivers.
Finally I took the back end apart and opened the diff. The slipper is definitely seized or loctite solid to the output shaft.
I ended up putting it back together and packed it all back up in the box. I don't know what my plan is for it yet. This is not my first RC but it is my first Arrma. I gotta tell ya, it left a sour taste in my mouth.

Regards,
Duber

Old post I know.
Had this problem today on a brand new Typhon. I just wanted to install an HR motor mount.
The power module would slide out about a 1/16 of an inch and stop firm. Like it was hitting something.
This is with the 1 screw removed and the battery strap block moved out of the way. Broke the thumb tab off
With all the fussing and prying with flat blade screw drivers.
Finally I took the back end apart and opened the diff. The slipper is definitely seized or loctite solid to the output shaft.
I ended up putting it back together and packed it all back up in the box. I don't know what my plan is for it yet. This is not my first RC but it is my first Arrma. I gotta tell ya, it left a sour taste in my mouth.

Regards,
Duber
My slipper was glued to my output as well and I had a hell of a time getting it to go back together.
Who ever is in charge of the numskulls putting these things together should be fired.

The slipper is definitely seized or loctite solid to the output shaft.
Never heard of it before.
I would try to heat up the shaft using a high pressure lighter
Screen Shot 2020-07-07 at 9.34.53.png

Above the rear differential there is a tab you pull up on and the entire motor and gear assembly towards the esc. The first several times it's extremely difficult to remove.

On you tube look at stevo d 313 he has a video on this and shows how it's done.
Yeah, I can't budge mine either. I need to replace the chassis. Thx for the tip.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back