Typhon Typhon 3S motor stopped working

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the same exact issue occurring after some BIG sends at the bmx track yesterday. Motor jammed\cogged up after jumping it big. Took the motor apart and nothing looked damaged, (how do I know if the bearings went bad in the motor?) also wondered if the shaft could be bent after some hard hits. Could I just replace the bearings and that might fix the issue?
View attachment 109315This is what my motor looks like taken apart. Could I replace the rotor by chance instead of having to buy a new motor?

Mine sounds the exact same.
So Arrma very kindly sent me a new motor which I hooked up this morning and.....it's not the motor. Unfortunately. Like yours my motor looked basically ok inside too. So I guess it has to be the ESC. Took the ESC off and it looks normal and smells ok (not burned) but I guess something inside it just let go. Anyway, hoping Arrma will send me a new ESC. I'll keep you updated for those that are interested.

So Arrma very kindly sent me a new motor which I hooked up this morning and.....it's not the motor. Unfortunately. Like yours my motor looked basically ok inside too. So I guess it has to be the ESC. Took the ESC off and it looks normal and smells ok (not burned) but I guess something inside it just let go. Anyway, hoping Arrma will send me a new ESC. I'll keep you updated for those that are interested.
Ok, I will test the esc and motor in my other car and see if one is dead. Still think it’s the motor, if the esc still turns on...?

So, after taking the motor apart and transmission multiple times, I put a battery in it and it worked! Took it out for a good bash session in my backyard and no problems at all. So what was the cause? Idk mabye the hard hits and big air offset the rotor in the motor and it needed to be reset... if you haven’t all ready try taking the rotor itself out of the motor and cleaning it out if it looks dirty with a air compressor. Because I think the rotor was hitting on the coils and making that sound... let me know if this works, good luck!

So, after taking the motor apart and transmission multiple times, I put a battery in it and it worked! Took it out for a good bash session in my backyard and no problems at all. So what was the cause? Idk mabye the hard hits and big air offset the rotor in the motor and it needed to be reset... if you haven’t all ready try taking the rotor itself out of the motor and cleaning it out if it looks dirty with a air compressor. Because I think the rotor was hitting on the coils and making that sound... let me know if this works, good luck!
Thanks. I did try that. And I even got a new motor so I hooked that up too and no joy with either. ESC turns on like everything is normal but then just doesn't run the motor. Glad you got yours working though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back