Typhon Typhon 3s, next model choice?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NovarageRC

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
So I am on my second Typhon after needing a couple years ago to sell off my first. I went with another Typhon 3s, which I LOVE.

Here is the question. I want to get another 3s car for my wife to be able to run with me, my dilemma is, do I get another Typhon 3s, or do I grab something like a Vorteks, so I have a little variety to run when she is not around. I always liked the look of the Rustler 4x4, and to me the Vorteks looks even better. I have watched the running vids, and the reviews, and read the forums, I just want to make sure I am making the right choice for my second car.

The only other Arrma models that I like the look of...and yes the look is important to me, my cars are as much show as use, is the Kraton or Talion. I don't mind having a 6s car...mind the price, because I don't mind the battery cost.

Lemme know your thoughts, and thanks for the feedback :D

My first Arrma was a Typhon 3s, and when I decided to buy another Arrma I got a Kraton 6s. For me, it was a great choice - different enough from the Typhon, and there's a whole lot of aftermarket support. I ran it on 4s for a couple of months, then upgraded to 6s after I got more familiar with it. It's a whole new animal with the Castle MMX 8s ESC and 1717 1650 motor I installed a few weeks ago - it's a beast!

Since you like the Kraton, how about a 6S EXB, or TLR Typhon like suggested above. Add your own electronics and bypass the meh Spektrum stuff.

Thanks for all the suggestions, ended up grabbing myself a Talion 6s with a 6s 5000mah battery, gently used for $325.....so yeah, second car kinda chose itself :D

So just a quick follow up, without starting a new thread....what is the major difference, besides everything being etched with EXB, between the Talion and the EXB. I am in Jenny's and was looking at EXB parts, and comparing to the used one I bought, and I cannot find anything besides electronics that really functions any different. (Except the sliding motor mount, and chassis brace).

Any help would be great.
Thanks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back