Typhon Typhon 3S on 6S w/Castle 1515/1750kv

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice run. I think it will survive as long as you don't hammer the throttle on take off. I put the blx185 system in my stampede 4x4 and the spur gear is handling it but I do not punch it.

23 pinion and 6 cell. I have a steel spur ordered. With these little tires/wheels, I could go larger on the pinion, but I'm just having fun, not trying to set a speed record. It sits real low with those aluminum shocks I got somewhere on ebay. Need to get some shock oil, all I had laying around was some nitro engine break in oil, too thin. BTW, I was filming with my little VanTop Moment 4 camera stuck on my radio with double sided tape. Now if I can remember to keep pointing at the rig......:)

23 pinion and 6 cell. I have a steel spur ordered. With these little tires/wheels, I could go larger on the pinion, but I'm just having fun, not trying to set a speed record. It sits real low with those aluminum shocks I got somewhere on ebay. Need to get some shock oil, all I had laying around was some nitro engine break in oil, too thin. BTW, I was filming with my little VanTop Moment 4 camera stuck on my radio with double sided tape. Now if I can remember to keep pointing at the rig......:)

I thought you bought the 1515-2200kv motor. I didn't realize you had a 1750Kv. Assuming stock tire size of 117mm, I calculate a top speed of 74.88 mph. So you are right there. I am super impressed that you were able to drive it as straight as you did. Kudos!! And I surprised the drivetrain held, especially on 6s. Arrma strong! Great run, Coot!

P.S. If you put in the 2200Kv Castle, you would theoretically be able to run 94 mph! (Do it!)

You know what, I gotta look, maybe I do have the 2200. I've been looking at, buying motors lately, and get confused. I was probably thinking of the Leopard 4092/1730 that just came in the mail. I'm running a RadioLink transmitter/receiver, that has a built in gyro. Works pretty well. That's the street in front of my house. When I go to another place I have in mind, it will be able to stretch it's legs. This is the other place!

If it's the 2200 then you have a lot left in the tank. Probably too much gear for the motor. You might want to check it.

Did some running today, and Bickety, I think your figures are a bit off. Maybe you didn't figure in the iddy biddy wheels/tires I have. 3 3/4 diameter. Anyhow, all I could get was 78 mph. Might have been a bit more, but the memory was filled up on my Dynamite, so I dunno if it quit recording, or what. Seeing as how she still wheelies, no problem, I guess I could go up on the pinion, now a 23 tooth. Or, I think I'll try these SRC road crushers, 6" diameter! Whoo ha! Audio sucks! Amazing how much noise is created by the throttle on the radio. Also the camera was in a case, so you can't hear my coments, "luckily" :eek:

Last edited:
I gotta try these road crushers, and probably blow the drive train all to pieces! But should be fun!

@cootertwo those "Road Crusher" tyres look insane next to the GRP's. :oops:

Don't quote me on this but I think if the memory gets filled up on the Dynamite it should just start wiping the oldest recordings and replacing them with the most recent. At least that's how I thought they worked, ...hopefully so.

Road Crushers, can only get 74 mph in front of my house. Run out of room real quick. Still wheelies on command, and sometimes with no command! Did a slide on the roof at around 60 mph, almost ground my Dynamite down to the battery, but it still works. After a few runs, motor at 195, ESC 145. Yeah double fans waiting at the post office. Will probably go back to small tires/wheels, and BIG pinion.

On the Dynamite, when I pushed enter after a run, it would show FULL on the screen. And I don't think there is a way to erase the memory without being connected to the software.

Did some running today, and Bickety, I think your figures are a bit off. Maybe you didn't figure in the iddy biddy wheels/tires I have. 3 3/4 diameter. Anyhow, all I could get was 78 mph. Might have been a bit more, but the memory was filled up on my Dynamite, so I dunno if it quit recording, or what. Seeing as how she still wheelies, no problem, I guess I could go up on the pinion, now a 23 tooth. Or, I think I'll try these SRC road crushers, 6" diameter! Whoo ha! Audio sucks! Amazing how much noise is created by the throttle on the radio. Also the camera was in a case, so you can't hear my coments, "luckily" :eek:
View attachment 31860View attachment 31861

I feel like I haven’t seen sky’s like that in forever! Awesome spot!

Nice run. I think it will survive as long as you don't hammer the throttle on take off. I put the blx185 system in my stampede 4x4 and the spur gear is handling it but I do not punch it.
How'd you get that to fit?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back