Typhon Typhon 3S on 6S w/Castle 1515/1750kv

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Clearance is clearance ?
1t6335.jpg

Oh Tay, just got done shoe horning a 34 tooth pinion into my 3S typhon, with a steel stock size spur gear. Took a lot of grinding, cussing, but got-er-done. Put the little GRP slicks back on, and tomorrow, will give her a run. Still got to mount a fan somehow. space getting tight. Hoping to get near 100 mph if I can keep it on the ground. Also have a T Bone wheelie bar to mount up.:)

Whoo whoo! Did a test in front of my home with the 34 tooth pinion. Got 86, and not near wound up! T-Bone wheelie bar saved it on the second run. Gotta trim the wing down, too much rear force at these speeds. Will go to my un-used new road later today, and see what she'll do. Hoping for at least 100 mph.

I think if you were to put wings on that, it would fly lol
If you pause at the 59 second mark of his video, you can see that it almost did fly.

In real time, I thought my T Bone wheelie bar saved it, but it looks like it was past that, and scraped the wing. I'm thinking the wing is too big, or tall, too much force on the rear, causing the front to lift. I'm going to cut it down some before I try it again. Lot's of fun though, for sure. Also going to drill a hole in the camera case, where the mic is on my camera, so I can get better sound. I did hear the wing scrape, and figured it was gone for sure, but it fell back on all 4.:)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back