Typhon Typhon 3s on a 2s battery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A_Basher

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Is anyone driving a Typhon (3s) on a 2s battery? How does it perform?
This is going to be my 12yo son's first "serious" rc car, so I'm thinking maybe he should start with a weaker battery until he gets better at it.
I know I can limit the throttle to 50%/75%, but I'm not sure it makes for slower starts as well.

My boy runs his on 2 s , we had 2s left from the last rc car , on a road I find it a little bit slow at top speed but I have a kraton 4s and I’m used to that , through the woods and on dirt tracks it’s plenty fast enough, off the mark from start to its top speed on 2s it keeps up with the kraton . i wouldn’t give my boy that car with 3s in it for sure .

If you’re getting a 2S lipo, make sure it’s 5000mah and as high of a C discharge as you can find. People have been having issues on 2S with the 3S rigs. A good lipo will be fine. Don’t go cheap.

If you’re getting a 2S lipo, make sure it’s 5000mah and as high of a C discharge as you can find. People have been having issues on 2S with the 3S rigs. A good lipo will be fine. Don’t go cheap.
Thanks. Ordered the HRB 5000mAh 50C. I hope it'll hold.

I use 50c on the typhon and my kraton , on the kraton there’s no shortage of power and runtimes are great , I do have one of the 3s esc in the typhon that appear to have the early lvc problem and is going in to be flashed a new firmware

Thanks. Ordered the HRB 5000mAh 50C. I hope it'll hold.
I own a few HRB 4S and they have done OK. Had to send one back due to a broken solder joint on the balance plug. Since they were still inside the return period, I just sent it back. Gotta love Amazon.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back