Typhon Typhon 3s or TeamAssoc. B6 for an indoor track runner as well?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaddogMikeD

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
Opinion please folks... I was thinking of getting a Tyhphon 3s to keep it kinda cheap, since I have batteries already for my Kraton and Granite... then my bother-in-law was looking and found a Team Associated B6 for $250 (has ESC and motor, but needs batt. and receiver)... I think I would have more fun with the buggy over the truck... as it's different driving experience as it's light, quick, and nimble... and so on. Seen Senton's running at LHS and it kinda looks like it handles like a kraton. I know it's different than the kraton, but in the same ball park, as in big truck. I think the Typhon would be a different driving experience, and I could use that for bashing too, where I wouldn't be bashing the B6... So, what do you think?

The B6 is cheaper and better suited for the track, it’s a no brainer for me.

The B6 is cheaper and better suited for the track, it’s a no brainer for me.
Cheaper in what way? With the Typhon... $300 and I'm running... The B6 is $250 for car, what... $75 for battery and $30-$50 for receiver, so my initial cost for the B6 is higher... Do you mean repair then?

Cheaper in what way? With the Typhon... $300 and I'm running... The B6 is $250 for car, what... $75 for battery and $30-$50 for receiver, so my initial cost for the B6 is higher... Do you mean repair then?
The Typhon needs a radio and servo too ??‍♂️

I know about the shock changes (as we discussed before), but I see lots of Team Assoc. at the tracks, but assume that most are "racers" and not just funning around...
The Typhon needs a radio and servo too ??‍♂️
It has one out of the box????? Not a good one, but it has one...

I know about the shock changes (as we discussed before), but I see lots of Team Assoc. at the tracks, but assume that most are "racers" and not just funning around...

It has one out of the box????? Not a good one, but it has one...
Yeah but the stx2 is crap it has delay for some people. Running on the track with the stx2 will not be amusing at all
Can remplace it witht he dumborc 6 channel radio for 30$ from banggood thats what i use

Yeah but the stx2 is crap it has delay for some people. Running on the track with the stx2 will not be amusing at all
Can remplace it witht he dumborc 6 channel radio for 30$ from banggood thats what i use
I am already getting a Futaba just waiting for the LHS to get it in... At that point I just need an extra receiver for the new ride... whatever it ends up being....

I have a B6 and its so much fun on carpet. The tuning options vastly outnumber anything Arrma has to offer. 2 completely different levels of RC.

I don't race, or even really run competitively on a track, it's simply just for fun. the precision and control you get from a 2WD race-level buggy such as a B6 can't be compared to Arrma.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back