Typhon Typhon 3s owners. Any feedback?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Armarookie43

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Mojave EXB
  6. Outcast 8s
  7. Typhon 6s
I'm about to pick up a used Typhon for about $250 with upgraded tires and I believe it's the V3. Good deal? I want to add it to my granite BLX 4x4 brushless and my Outcast 6s 2018 version family. I know about the 6s Typhon but don't really have the $ for the chasis braces upgrades and the other upgrades that are needed on that platform. Thoughts? Thanks! I feel that the 3s needs less upgrades. Am I wrong? My granite has been a bit more reliable than my 6s rig BTW.

I'm about to pick up a used Typhon for about $250 with upgraded tires and I believe it's the V3. Good deal? I want to add it to my granite BLX 4x4 brushless and my Outcast 6s 2018 version family. I know about the 6s Typhon but don't really have the $ for the chasis braces upgrades and the other upgrades that are needed on that platform. Thoughts? Thanks! I feel that the 3s needs less upgrades. Am I wrong? My granite has been a bit more reliable than my 6s rig BTW.
$250 for a used Typhon 3s is too much.

I've beat the crap out of my 3S and have only replaced a couple arms, wing mount and wing. Super easy to tear down and maintain.

Pictures of it?
Get yourself some good bearings on the motor just to be sure its doesn't blow up and your in a crappy situation
If you decide to get it
don't forget you don't have a warranty anymore when you buy an ussed car

$250 for a used Typhon 3s is too much.
It comes with tires and rims that are worth about $90. Also it comes with the TTX300 3-CH radio. I would have to change that if I got a new one. That's kind of my justification. It looks like it's in good shape too.

Pictures of it?
Get yourself some good bearings on the motor just to be sure its doesn't blow up and your in a crappy situation
If you decide to get it
don't forget you don't have a warranty anymore when you buy an ussed car
It looks very clean :
Maybe 225$
I'm getting $20 in ebay bucks too. So $250-20 = $230. Better?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190925-200406_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20190925-200406_eBay.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Mhe does he have the original tores and wheels? If they can include them 225$ seems fait
I didn't know that if you offered to pay the $250 and the person agrees, you are obligated to buy. It's ok. I'll ask the person for the original rims.

When buying on ebay do an advanced search for what who are thinking of buying. upper right hand corner on the ebay page. You can specifically search used and sold items to get an idea of what stuff goes for.
Anyway, the buggy looks really nice and those badland tires are excellent. Have fun!

Used RCs sight unseen makes me cringe, and Ebay even more so. Been burned too many times on Ebay. I picked up a new Granite blx shipped for $250 a couple months ago, with Tactic and warranty.

If you like that Typhon and feel confident about it's condition, go for it. After all it's your money and that's what matters.

When buying on ebay do an advanced search for what who are thinking of buying. upper right hand corner on the ebay page. You can specifically search used and sold items to get an idea of what stuff goes for.
Anyway, the buggy looks really nice and those badland tires are excellent. Have fun!
Those tires/wheels are for on road? It looks like they are to me.
Used RCs sight unseen makes me cringe, and Ebay even more so. Been burned too many times on Ebay. I picked up a new Granite blx shipped for $250 a couple months ago, with Tactic and warranty.

If you like that Typhon and feel confident about it's condition, go for it. After all it's your money and that's what matters.
Yeah, it was almost like an impulse buy. Owner said that they only put like 3 battery packs through it, and it looks like that is the case from what I can see in the pictures. I pulled the trigger a bit too quick on this one, but it's okay. Thanks.
I wouldn't pay more than $175 for a used 3s unless it had the shock upgrade, but you seem hellbent on buying it so good luck. I hope you don't end up feeling burned.
There's always a possibility of getting burned on ebay. Thanks.

Im so done with 3s, V3, 4s, V4

It gets met confused all the time.. OP talks about 3s in title.. And then about V3 in his first sentence..

Pffff
Yeah it is. I'm almost certain that it's a 2018 3s with the TTX300 3-CH radio. The 2019 3s version comes with the spectrum radio that almost no one likes. I guess it's better to say what year model it is. I went through this with my 2018 Outcast 6s ?

I've been watching some videos on the Typhon 3s and it's one of Mr duperbash favorite Arrmas of all time. I'm feeling a bit better and better about my purchase ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back