Typhon Typhon 3s owners. Any feedback?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah it is. I'm almost certain that it's a 2018 3s with the TTX300 3-CH radio. The 2019 3s version comes with the spectrum radio that almost no one likes. I guess it's better to say what year model it is. I went through this with my 2018 Outcast 6s ?

The 3s Typhon that comes with the Tactic.. Is the first ever 3s Typhon.. Right? So V1
The 3s Typhon rhat comes with the Spectrum.. Is the same 3s Typhon.. Only difference.. The other radio.. Right? So.. IMO still a V1 (V1,5 at max)

I don’t think Rich has a 3S rig, but I could be wrong. I know he loves his Typhon 6S.

As far as versions of the 3S/4S lines, people usually refer to them as the year version. The 2018 Typhon 3S BLX had a Tactic radio. The only change on the 2019 version was the Spektrum radio. The Typhon Mega is new for 2019 and includes the Spektrum radio as well.

I love mine, runs on rails at the bmx track... loves big air bashing with the occasional front and rear flips.. very easily controlled in the air.. thing flys like it has wings and a prop... it's also plenty fast on a 20 tooth..

My outcast takes the cake at my number 1, but my typhon 3s is definitely my 1 1/2... lol I've bashed it hard for weeks with no issues at all.. but I did pull all the bearings apart and put my own grease in them as a precaution, and I do pull it all down after 3-4 packs to go through it...
I don’t think Rich has a 3S rig, but I could be wrong. I know he loves his Typhon 6S.

As far as versions of the 3S/4S lines, people usually refer to them as the year version. The 2018 Typhon 3S BLX had a Tactic radio. The only change on the 2019 version was the Spektrum radio. The Typhon Mega is new for 2019 and includes the Spektrum radio as well.
He does have a 3s typhon and he loves it ..as do i
Pretty sure when the radio changed the esc did as well... connector is now ec5 with caps and longer wires...

My outcast takes the cake at my number 1, but my typhon 3s is definitely my 1 1/2... lol I've bashed it hard for weeks with no issues at all.. but I did pull all the bearings apart and put my own grease in them as a precaution, and I do pull it all down after 3-4 packs to go through it...

This is the trick IMO. You have to actually go through and check bearings (even sealed) periodically, especially if you run in dirt/sand or water. The bearings get dirty really fast on these cars.

He does have a 3s (Rich). Actually some of the 2019 models came with a ttx300 radio like my granite BLX that I bought a couple of months ago, but that is rare now.
The 3s Typhon that comes with the Tactic.. Is the first ever 3s Typhon.. Right? So V1
The 3s Typhon rhat comes with the Spectrum.. Is the same 3s Typhon.. Only difference.. The other radio.. Right? So.. IMO still a V1 (V1,5 at max)
Not really. Some early 2019 models came with the TTX300 3-CH radio too. All the 2018 models came with the ttx300 radio. Before that, I'm not sure.

He does have a 3s (Rich). Actually some of the 2019 models came with a ttx300 radio like my granite BLX that I bought a couple of months ago, but that is rare now.

Not really. Some early 2019 models came with the TTX300 3-CH radio too. All the 2018 models came with the ttx300 radio. Before that, I'm not sure.
Yup iirc the 3s models started coming with the Spectrum radio after the 4s models were released.

If I’m not mistaken, the difference between 2018 and early 2019 Typhon 3S editions are the inline capacitors on the battery cable and IC5 connectors on the latter, but both came with Tactic radio

My 1st arrma is the typhon.
I still run it regularly even if I have a 6s.
I truggified it and it's just a great all round fun car to drive.
Responsive and nimble.
I bashed it a bit too hard in the past, and you must be careful because it is tough, just not 6s outcast tough.
it's the perfect compliment to the outcast.

My 1st arrma is the typhon.
I still run it regularly even if I have a 6s.
I truggified it and it's just a great all round fun car to drive.
Responsive and nimble.
I bashed it a bit too hard in the past, and you must be careful because it is tough, just not 6s outcast tough.
it's the perfect compliment to the outcast.
Awesome. Thanks for your input. I have yet to hear one person that has owned the Typhon 3s say that they don't like it.

Has anyone trugiffied an Arrma 3s to look like a senton by any chance? Thanks!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back