Typhon Typhon 3S pinion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kxvin

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
Hi! I've been having a few problems with my Typhon 3S BLX pinion, it has been wearing out very quickly, i think i have been buying the brushed one.. Is there a difference between them? Anyways, does the 6S Typhon pinion fit the 3S? I feel like the quality of the metal is alot better. Thanks!

They wear quickly due to dirt intrusion..

It's not the brushed version as those are different pitch.. and the 6s rigs also use a different pitch..

You can buy a robinson racing extra hard .8 mod 5mm bore pinion.. but the bottom line is dirt embedded in a plastic spur will eat through any pinion made of any material... I would focus more on sealing the module...✌️

No the Mega uses 48P and the 6S uses Mod 1.0. You need a 32P or Mod 0.8 pinion for the BLX 3S cars. Get a Robinson Racing Extra hard. Also check your motor mount to see if it’s bent at all.

They wear quickly due to dirt intrusion..

It's not the brushed version as those are different pitch.. and the 6s rigs also use a different pitch..

You can buy a robinson racing extra hard .8 mod 5mm bore pinion.. but the bottom line is dirt embedded in a plastic spur will eat through any pinion made of any material... I would focus more on sealing the module...✌️
Hmm okay, thanks! One thing i do find weird about the dirt stuff, is that i have another car ( a rustler 4x4 ) and i don't have any sealing on it, spur and pinion are open and free, i haven't even killed 1 spur or pinion and have had it for 2 years.. Just as much if not more abuse than my typhon.. I saw people say i should drill holes in the bottom of the chassis? I did that so dirt can fall out but not sure if it really helps.
No the Mega uses 48P and the 6S uses Mod 1.0. You need a 32P or Mod 0.8 pinion for the BLX 3S cars. Get a Robinson Racing Extra hard. Also check your motor mount to see if it’s bent at all.
Will do, thanks!

Hmm okay, thanks! One thing i do find weird about the dirt stuff, is that i have another car ( a rustler 4x4 ) and i don't have any sealing on it, spur and pinion are open and free, i haven't even killed 1 spur or pinion and have had it for 2 years.. Just as much if not more abuse than my typhon.. I saw people say i should drill holes in the bottom of the chassis? I did that so dirt can fall out but not sure if it really helps.

Will do, thanks!

The traxxas setups are completely different.. they are completely open.. no comparison.. arrmas module is a meat grinder and can't get rid of the dirt it takes in.. the hole in the bottom of the chassis just let's larger debris in now..

Without an open top side it has nowhere to expell except down, so it makes a trip around the module several times before exiting..👍

Again.. it's something you should get used to without a sealed module and a plastic spur..✌️

The traxxas setups are completely different.. they are completely open.. no comparison.. arrmas module is a meat grinder and can't get rid of the dirt it takes in.. the hole in the bottom of the chassis just let's larger debris in now..

Without an open top side it has nowhere to expell except down, so it makes a trip around the module several times before exiting..👍

Again.. it's something you should get used to without a sealed module and a plastic spur..✌️
Hmm i guess thats true haha! I'll take a look at sealing it, Is there any good way to do it without making it impossible to get back in?

Also a random question, how long do your spurs go usually? i've killed quite a few because the pinion gets so bad.

Hmm i guess thats true haha! I'll take a look at sealing it, Is there any good way to do it without making it impossible to get back in?

Also a random question, how long do your spurs go usually? i've killed quite a few because the pinion gets so bad.
.. I've only ever killed one spur from a bent mount.. other than that I'd say about 3 pinions in about a year, and probably 150 plus battery cycles..

I came up with a method that uses 3m double sided tape that works well.. but you would need to search it out on here.. it was some time ago...

.. I've only ever killed one spur from a bent mount.. other than that I'd say about 3 pinions in about a year, and probably 150 plus battery cycles..
wow! Haha, interesting. Im on my 4th or 5th spur.. In about half a year, 3rd or 4th pinion.. I might have to take a look at the mount then too.

My gear mesh is fine im sure of that.. so ill have to take a look at sealing it..

wow! Haha, interesting. Im on my 4th or 5th spur.. In about half a year, 3rd or 4th pinion.. I might have to take a look at the mount then too.

My gear mesh is fine im sure of that.. so ill have to take a look at sealing it..

Ya just rest the mount plate on a flat surface you will see if it is bent.. 👍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back