Typhon Typhon 3s pre run maintainence

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny b

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
  2. Typhon 3s
If my girl ever opens her typhon, ill be performing the pre run set ups. I am well versed on the already owned senton 3s one. Is there any different things to look out for on this model? Immediate plans are to seal motor module spur area, lock tight all inner and outer drive shafts, replace diff oil to 50f and 30r., ensure slipper is properly adjusted, ensure pinion to spur mesh is proper, loc tight motor mount screws. Obviously calibrate throttle and steering end points. What am I missing? I want her to have a fun experience out of the gate. This could be crucial in maintaining her interest in the hobby. Yes, ill start her out on 50% throttle also. Very important I get this right. She wants to be the first to drive it....lol and rightfully so. She bought it as a birthday gift to herself. Your input is appreciated. I'm just her mechanic.lol.

Last edited:
If my girl ever opens her typhon, ill be performing the pre run set ups. I am well versed on the already owned senton 3s one. Is there any different things to look out for on this model? Immediate plans are to seal motor module spur area, lock tight all inner and outer drive shafts, replace diff oil to 50f and 30r., ensure slipper is properly adjusted, ensure pinion to spur mesh is proper, loc tight motor mount screws. Obviously calibrate throttle and steering end points. What am I missing? I want her to have a fun experience out of the gate. This could be crucial in maintaining her interest in the hobby. Yes, ill start her out on 50% throttle also. Very important I get this right. She wants to be the first to drive it....lol and rightfully so. She bought it as a birthday gift to herself. Your input is appreciated. I'm just her mechanic.lol.

Make sure you find a nice OPEN field with NO Concrete obstacles for her to test out her new rig..
Other than perhaps some traffic cones and/or a small ramp to give her something to run around and get her jumping legs..

Everything else will rear its head once she cranks up the speed.

Let her rip! She'll have a Blast!! 💪
I just know she will.

Oh and post picS of her and her new rig , BEFORE she gets it all grass & dirtied up..

Thanks Tex. I can't wait to disect this thing tomorrow!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back