Typhon Typhon 3s servo upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a Savox 1210SG. It's a bit pricey and many people recommend servos that cost much less. If they work well and last as long, then I paid too much. But I can still recommend the Savox. It's durable as hell. It is just about the ONLY component that has never failed for the entire 2-year life of my Granite.

^^^
+1
Promodeler and other higher end brands are fine. Just that I cannot justify a servo's price that represents 30%+ of the original price of the rig in hand. (4x4 line)
The DS3235 is fine for all my 6s rigs. ($34.) Having 8 of them, none have failed me yet . Oldest is 2+ years old. I beat the crap out of them.
Been the Savox 1210 route. 2 of them were horrible. For me. Many like them however. :unsure: They are fast and strong. Will not deny this.
Just that 1210's were just Noisey bastards for the Price point IMO. Struggle to center. With any BEC setting.
Just me.

I landed on the Power HD 20kg servo. I’ve only had it in for a week or so, it it appears to be working great.

My Typhon 3s was loosing steering randomly then it start grinding when turn right. I have new one. Do I have to remove the entire servo assembly to replace or will it pull out with the 4 screws

My Typhon 3s was loosing steering randomly then it start grinding when turn right. I have new one. Do I have to remove the entire servo assembly to replace or will it pull out with the 4 screws
Yes u have to remove the 4 screws then. Go underneath the car and undo the arm thru the hole in the chassis just make sure your wheels are centered and power the Servo up so it goes to 12 o’clock then smack it in ..just a little tricky lining up the linkage and getting the bolt in …if u look at the pic you’ll see the hole in the chassis and the bolt u need to remove from steering linkage …

image.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back