Typhon 3S shock mounts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PParvin

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
  2. Typhon 3s
I have broke 2 front shocks today just doing high speed flat runs. First on the stock front right lower mount, installed the Pro Line upgraded fronts and about 10 straight line runs on dirt broke the lower mount on the pro line shock. No jumps just trying to learn throttle and steering control.
Any thoughts?

No crashes? Just running at high speed? By lower mount you mean this?
1647823162007.png

That’s correct
The broken Pro-Line shock

Attachments

• E6003668-4EB7-48C4-9394-619A26D225AD.jpeg
    E6003668-4EB7-48C4-9394-619A26D225AD.jpeg
    137.2 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Has to be from hard bumps or crashes though right? Shock rod ends don't really break just doing high speed flat runs.
Wasn’t perfectly flat but no jumps or crashes

TBH, IMO PL $shocks$ suck.
You will have no issues with 6s Arrma shocks.
Had you asked me first , I would have steered you away from the PL shocks.:giggle:

PL only makes bodies, wheels and tires best. Their claim to fame. Don't buy anything else from PL.
They make nothing else good at all. Their shocks are outsourced at a very cheap price point, unlike much of their Bodies and wheels etc. Don't let the bling of their shocks fool you. Only good as Shelf Queen shocks if that.:LOL:
Been there. I wasted $120.+ on their Scaler shocks. Out the box I had to send them back to PL. They actually had no clue. Kept getting differnt reasons why all 4 of them leaked. Just the intial fill and sitting overnight on my bench they all leaked. They asked for them back to evaluate. They had them for 2 months and sent them back un touched and still zip tied together with my yellow zip ties. They offered No new o-rings as I asked first. . They said they had none. Imagine that??? They said to use super thick oil and it wont leak. That I had the wrong oil in them.:rolleyes::rolleyes: I already had 50w in them. Too thick as they were. Wanted and needed 30w in them for my Axial Crawler rig. I ended up buying Trax-ass shocks from JennysRC. . The best Crawler shocks out there as it turns out.
What PL idiots!!!!!
They wouldn't even take a return on the purchase. I purchased direct from their website because they were newly released and all.
If I got them from Amain Hobbies, I would have been able to return them.
All PL did for me, was offer a 50% Off coupon to use at their website. Big deal.:rolleyes:
I like PL bodies and wheels. But I have lost interest in PL and buy other brand bodies and wheels now. Left a bad taste.
:cool:

Last edited:
Had you asked me first , I would have steered you away from the PL shocks.:giggle:

PL only makes bodies, wheels and tires best. Their claim to fame. Don't buy anything else from PL.
They make nothing else good at all. Their shocks are outsourced at a very cheap price point, unlike much of their Bodies and wheels etc. Don't let the bling of their shocks fool you. Only good as Shelf Queen shocks if that.:LOL:
Been there. I wasted $120.+ on their Scaler shocks. Out the box I had to send them back to PL. They actually had no clue. Kept getting differnt reasons why all 4 of them leaked. Just the intial fill and sitting overnight on my bench they all leaked. They asked for them back to evaluate. They had them for 2 months and sent them back un touched and still zip tied together with my yellow zip ties. They offered No new o-rings as I asked first. . They said they had none. Imagine that??? They said to use super thick oil and it wont leak. That I had the wrong oil in them.:rolleyes::rolleyes: I already had 50w in them. Too thick as they were. Wanted and needed 30w in them for my Axial Crawler rig. I ended up buying Trax-ass shocks from JennysRC. . The best Crawler shocks out there as it turns out.
What PL idiots!!!!!
They wouldn't even take a return on the purchase. I purchased direct from their website because they were newly released and all.
All PL did for me, was offer a 50% Off coupon to use at their website. Big deal.:rolleyes:
I like PL bodies and wheels. But I have lost interest in PL and buy other brand bodies and wheels now. Left a bad taste.
Thank you for the info I’ll look into a different manufacturer and if the Traxxes shock fit I may try them

^^^^
I suggest Arrma 6s shocks. Don't look any further. ;) Cut your losses trying other brands. Definitely Not Trx for a basher rig.
Very common for many to use the Arrma 6s line of shocks on Arrma 4x4 rigs. Much stronger and are plush.
There are many threads here in regards.
Do a search here.

Last edited:

What PL idiots!!!!!

I'm not sold on Proline bodies, every single Proline body I have had has cracked on the first bash, even the one I put on my 2lbs LC EMB-MT.

I mostly hear bad things about their shocks so I like to stay far far away.

Yeah I got a PL Ford Raptor body for my MT410 and it didn't last 3 packs. It was Shoogooed, drywalled and all.
A shame for me. I thought it was one of my better paint jobs to date. It folded/ split at the bed behind the cab. I cant seem to duplicate this damage with any of my Arrma bodies including the Thin Kraton body.
To date I have not broken my 410 though. I can't believe the original diffs all feel like new still. Never rebuilt yet. Stock oils and all. 5+ years and at least 40 packs in. Mix of 4s and 6s. 4s runs best IMO.

Last edited:
Thank you for the info I’ll look into a different manufacturer and if the Traxxes shock fit I may try them
As far as I know Traxxas shocks do not fit. Don't waste more money on another set of shocks that don't help. You want 1/8 scale shocks for durability. Thicker shafts, beefier rod ends.

Shock upgrades for the 3s line. Many of them will break just like stock. Get 6s Arrma or Tekno SCT410 shocks.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...d-blx-4s-shock-information-and-upgrades.7413/

Jenny's RC has the best prices for Arrma 6s shocks
https://jennysrc.com/search?type=product&q=Arrma&msclkid=5194b0d3a95411ecb0c3e5c13edcdacd

As far as I know Traxxas shocks do not fit. Don't waste more money on another set of shocks that don't help. You want 1/8 scale shocks for durability. Thicker shafts, beefier rod ends.

Shock upgrades for the 3s line. Many of them will break just like stock. Get 6s Arrma or Tekno SCT410 shocks.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...d-blx-4s-shock-information-and-upgrades.7413/

https://jennysrc.com/search?type=product&q=Arrma&msclkid=5194b0d3a95411ecb0c3e5c13edcdacd

Thanks I’ll look around

Traxxas shocks will only fit on the Vorteks but the only ones I would bother with are the GTRs everything else is junk.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back