Typhon 3s shock tower covers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Granite
  4. Typhon 3s
I am converting my Granite/Big Rock into a Typhon. I have everything I need except for the front and rear shock tower covers. Has anyone printed these for their 3s vehicles? I did see one for the rear on Thingiverse but there wasn’t one for the front. I just need the file as I have a 3d printer. I don’t need to buy the body mounts and haven’t seen just the covers for sale anywhere online.

Were you ever able to find a file with the covers? I'm looking for the same thing at the moment, and am not having and sort of luck. Thanks!

Were you ever able to find a file with the covers? I'm looking for the same thing at the moment, and am not having and sort of luck. Thanks!
No I haven’t. There are ones on thingiverse for the rear shock towers but not the front. I made them work on mine but I had to cut out the middle part on the rear so the wing mount would fit over it. Here is the file. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4341557

I designed my own version of these a while back but never published them because I didn't think there was much of a demand for them. I went ahead and uploaded them so try them if you want. Attached pic showing OEM on one side and printed one I mocked up on the other.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4738238

20210126_014837_copy_1158x1158.jpg

I designed my own version of these a while back but never published them because I didn't think there was much of a demand for them. I went ahead and uploaded them so try them if you want. Attached pic showing OEM on one side and printed one I mocked up on the other.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4738238

View attachment 122492
Thank you! Would these also work on the rear? I’m assuming they would since the only difference is the width of the tower. I’m going to print them today.

Thank you! Would these also work on the rear? I’m assuming they would since the only difference is the width of the tower. I’m going to print them today.
Yeah they fit the rear too but the wing pretty much keeps the rear towers from getting chewed up.

So I published my first design to thingiverse, a front shock tower cover.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4751046

Let me know what you think.

-C
Very nice. I’m going to download it and print it. I’m pretty proficient in pla so even if they keep breaking, I can easily print extras.
Btw, I don’t think that the front and rear are different
They actually are. The rear tower is wider so it has a bigger flat space in the middle of the top of the tower.

Very nice. I’m going to download it and print it. I’m pretty proficient in pla so even if they keep breaking, I can easily print extras.

They actually are. The rear tower is wider so it has a bigger flat space in the middle of the top of the tower.
Let me know if you have any fitment issues with PLA.

Did you have any luck with these? I'm wondering how the PLA stood up. Also wondering if it would make sense to join the 2 pieces into 1 shock tower cover by bridging between the two or maybe add some extra plastic on top to extend the life, mine have are simply wearing out via abrasion....

Did you have any luck with these? I'm wondering how the PLA stood up. Also wondering if it would make sense to join the 2 pieces into 1 shock tower cover by bridging between the two or maybe add some extra plastic on top to extend the life, mine have are simply wearing out via abrasion....
I haven’t had a chance to test them as it’s been too cold to bash.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back