Typhon Typhon 3s shock upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gray Fox

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
Hello and greetings from Finland! New to forum. Tried to search for a topic of Typhon 3s shock upgrades but could not find any. My apologies for starting this if there exists such thread already!

But for the matter in hand. Are there any kind of shock upgrades available on the market for 3s Typhons? I am aware of Typhon 6s shocks but since they are very hard to find i am not considering them as an upgrade in my case. GPM also has fancy looking aluminium shocks but i have heard that they are more for looks than performance.

Have been driving my 3s Typhon on a track for couple of times (around 6 batteries from full to empty) and now i am in a need for shock rebuild as all four of them are leaking. I like the buggy as it is fun and easy to drive but i don't like the idea of rebuilding shocks after every couple of track driving sessions. Though this my first RC after a long time so i don't know if this is how it is supposed to be? Shock rebuild after every track day.

I would like to know if there are longer lasting options that performs well. I also would like to know what you guys are using?

I don't mind rebuilding shocks every now and then but not regularly.

Thanks!

. I like the buggy as it is fun and easy to drive but i don't like the idea of rebuilding shocks after every couple of track driving sessions. Though this my first RC after a long time so i don't know if this is how it is supposed to be? Shock rebuild after every track day.

Hi,
In this particular case, I would recommand the Typhon 6s shocks… :) We are doing track and we don't touch to 6s shocks until november.

Too much leak on base Typhon BLX shocks. Nobody at the track is running plastic shocks.
Welcome here
PL

Attachments

• IMG_1790.JPG
    IMG_1790.JPG
    320 KB · Views: 75
Another vote for 6s shocks. You can use typhon 6s shocks, or talion 6s shocks and change to the typhon 6s springs and change the shock oil. I tried the Ebay Chinese shocks first, and the 6s ones are way better.

Last edited:
I tried the Ebay Chinese shocks first, and the 6s ones are way better.

Hi,
These one from china have been horrible (10,90$US for 2)...

Leak, too soft, too much lateral twist, caps hard to turn, very hard to fit and no handling at all even with good oil. The rear end of the truck was bouncing like an old Cutlass Ciera with scrap shocks on bridge section pavement… Keep them for spare... Told to the seller and he reply to me; "they are great…"
PL

Last edited:
I have Pro-Line Powerstroke shocks on my Typhon 3s. They are great shocks, but they are expensive - around $70 a pair. These shocks are designed specifically for the Arrma 3s vehicles. You can buy spring kits to tune them just about any way you want. Here's a pic with the Duratrax Bandito tires I use on pavement.

Typhon 3S with Bandito tires.jpg

The Pro-line shocks cost as much, if not more than 1/8 scale shocks. I've never used the Pro-lines, but for the price, I think 1/8 scale shocks are the better option. Proline shocks are 14mm bore. 1/8 scale shocks are 16mm. Pro-line shocks come with 3.5mm shafts. 1/8 scale shocks some with more durable 4mm shafts.

Mojave 6s front shocks for the front and Kraton 6s front shocks for the rear of the Typhon 3s and change the springs to Team Associated RC8B3 yellow springs with 40-60wt silicone shock oil. That would be the best option. Not the cheapest but reasonable and definitely cheaper than the Typhon 6S shocks or the Proline shocks.

The Pro-line shocks cost as much, if not more than 1/8 scale shocks. I've never used the Pro-lines, but for the price, I think 1/8 scale shocks are the better option. Proline shocks are 14mm bore. 1/8 scale shocks are 16mm. Pro-line shocks come with 3.5mm shafts. 1/8 scale shocks some with more durable 4mm shafts.
Yeah the Proline shocks are ridiculously overpriced for what they are. If I'm going to be spending $140 on shocks I might as well buy the Tekno SCT410.3 shocks off ebay for ~$120 and save some money.

I’m putting 6s typhon shocks on my 3s this weekend. I’ll take some photos and let you know how the springs work ok

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back