Typhon Typhon 3s shock upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Omzpt

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
Hey guys new here , looking to upgrade my typhon 3s shocks , leaning towards bpm aluminium shocks , but being new to the hobby I’m finding it hard to find the right size to bolt straight on with no modifications , any suggestions on what you guys recommend or any other bolt on shocks I’m not aware of? Your help would be greatly appreciated as I have no clue

I am planning to put the Typhon 6S shocks on my 3S. Struggling to find time for RC at the moment so whenever I get a chance to look on Jenny's RC they are sold out. I may end up putting on a slightly lighter spring but will run it first before making that decision

Forgot to specify I have looked every where for 6s shocks and can’t find them anywhere , any suggestions ????

Mine work great with the regular spring. I backed um up as far as they would go
Jenny's had some a couple days ago along with slippers but I missed out

Hey guys new here , looking to upgrade my typhon 3s shocks , leaning towards bpm aluminium shocks , but being new to the hobby I’m finding it hard to find the right size to bolt straight on with no modifications , any suggestions on what you guys recommend or any other bolt on shocks I’m not aware of? Your help would be greatly appreciated as I have no clue
What is bpm?

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...-blx-4s-shocks-upgrades-and-information.7413/

Arrma Mega 4x4, BLX 3s and BLX 4s shocks.

• Stock front shocks for the Mega and BLX 3s are 100mm eye to eye.
  • Stock rear shocks for the Mega and BLX 3s are 115mm eye to eye.
First and foremost as of the writing of this section of this thread the best option for these vehicles are shocks off of the Arrma Typhon 6s. The best place to source these is from JennysRC.
For the Arrma Typhon shocks you will need something to take up the slack in the upper mount most use either steel balls out of shock rod ends or nitro fuel line.

A lot of people have used these shocks with great results. They are HSP Front 81003 and HSP Rear 81002 shocks.
These will also require either the steel balls or nitro fuel line to take up the space in the upper mount.

Mega4x4_Shocks.jpg

Big Bore eBay shocks. Alse need either steel balls or fuel line in the top.
Trackstar Shocks. Springs that come with these are rather stiff and should be swapped out to whichever spring of your choice. And again will need steel balls or nitro fuel line.
Basher Sabertooth shocks.

Last edited:
I am planning to put the Typhon 6S shocks on my 3S. Struggling to find time for RC at the moment so whenever I get a chance to look on Jenny's RC they are sold out. I may end up putting on a slightly lighter spring but will run it first before making that decision
I’ve found the 6S shock springs to be too soft for my Typhon 3S and Kraton 4S. I ordered some firmer 6S springs to test them out. I have the Kraton 4S rings as tight as they can be and it still droops. Chassis slaps are common with the smallest of bumps.

Wow your an absolute champion , thank you for all the info !!

I’ve found the 6S shock springs to be too soft for my Typhon 3S and Kraton 4S. I ordered some firmer 6S springs to test them out. I have the Kraton 4S rings as tight as they can be and it still droops. Chassis slaps are common with the smallest of bumps.
Wow really? That is interesting because my assumption has been that they would be too stiff given the heavier weight of the 6S compared to the 3S.....there you go, I learnt something. Let me know how those other springs work out, I'd be keen to know.

Wow really? That is interesting because my assumption has been that they would be too stiff given the heavier weight of the 6S compared to the 3S.....there you go, I learnt something. Let me know how those other springs work out, I'd be keen to know.
On the two 3s rigs I run them on, they are in the stiff side. Definitely not loose.

Thanks, this is exactly what i've been looking for, but what do you mean by "steel balls out of shock rod ends"? Are you referring to some part of the stock 3s shock absorbers? Are there any resources available to show me exactly what you're talking about?

Thanks, this is exactly what i've been looking for, but what do you mean by "steel balls out of shock rod ends"? Are you referring to some part of the stock 3s shock absorbers? Are there any resources available to show me exactly what you're talking about?
We literally mean the steel balls that are in shock rod ends. They are called pivot balls. https://www.google.com/search?q=sho...VwUN8KHYX_BF4Q_AUIDSgB&biw=2560&bih=937&dpr=1 The ones out of the stock shocks might not fit.

Here’s a look

Uh that's not sag. Sag is when the bottom of the car won't come back up, if anything you have the collars down too low. When your suspension settles the a arms should be level.
This is sag.
20190826_215031.jpg

Last edited:
They are saggy to me. They don’t rebound quickly is what I’m saying. The cheap eBay shocks I bought were much quicker to rebound. These are softer than the plastic stock shocks. It bottoms out just driving over the smallest of bumps.

They are saggy to me. They don’t rebound quickly is what I’m saying. The cheap eBay shocks I bought were much quicker to rebound. These are softer than the plastic stock shocks. It bottoms out just driving over the smallest of bumps.
I stole this from another thread.

Drop the truck to the floor level, from about two or three feet up. Truck should firmly plant without bottoming out to badly. If it almost wants to "hop" back up and almost pops the tires off the floor, the oil is too light. If it hits, and "sticks" down almost bottomed out, the oil is too thick. You want the truck to almost just plant itself, when dropped.

So it kind of sounds like your oil is too thick.

Front 106mm TrackStar shocks, HSP springs, 600cst shock oil.
Rear 126mm TrackStar shocks, HSP springs, 500cst shock oil.

Last edited:
Here is a slo-mo from 3ft to cement. Rear end bounces. The whole chassis slaps hard. No battery or body either.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back