Typhon Typhon 3S Speed Run with new PB

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hell yes brother! I like where your headed with that man.. the fur isn't that bad.. your real close on your settings.. as you know I'm sure, just run a heat gun over it quick the whisps will disappear...
The carbon PLA turned out pretty well. I tried some PETG last night after this print finished and it didn’t start out well. I’m going to have to work at this one. It’s popping as it comes out of the hot end. Thought it was too hot so I turned it down some but now it’s not adhering. It was 2:30am and I wasn’t in the mindset for tinkering. ??

The carbon PLA turned out pretty well. I tried some PETG last night after this print finished and it didn’t start out well. I’m going to have to work at this one. It’s popping as it comes out of the hot end. Thought it was too hot so I turned it down some but now it’s not adhering. It was 2:30am and I wasn’t in the mindset for tinkering. ??

Lol... I hear that buddy... popping out the nozzle is usually water in the filament.. you can put it in the oven on the lowest setting for like 2 hrs to drive the moisture out..

Lol... I hear that buddy... popping out the nozzle is usually water in the filament.. you can put it in the oven on the lowest setting for like 2 hrs to drive the moisture out..
What’s crazy is I just broke the seal on the bag and it had descant packs in there. You would think it would be fine from the factory.

What’s crazy is I just broke the seal on the bag and it had descant packs in there. You would think it would be fine from the factory.

Oh man I hate that... it's pretty common though.. been there many times.. cant wait to see this thing break a hundred brother!

I messed around a little with a front canard but havnt finished it up.. when i do I'll send the stl over for you to try if you want.. I'm actually curious how fast they will possibly go on 3s so I'm going to make an attempt at it...

My plan is to run this on Friday. It looks like the best weather window I’m going to get in a long while. 48F 7mph wind and partially sunny is predicted. Just hoping my spot isn’t busy that I have picked out. My last place is too dangerous with the hidden bumps everywhere. If it was newly built it would be perfect, but it’s about 10 years old and needs redone. We have a bike trail nearby that is about a single cars width wide and shouldn’t be busy in the middle of the day. Let’s hope anyways.

So i realized my part cooling fan was turned off until layer 2 on this Cura profile. I fixed that. I also found out that I should slow down the print speed to compensate for PETG too. I slowed it from 50 to 30. I have the hot end set to 250 and the bed at 70. So far it's behaving but it hasn't even finished the raft as I type this, but this is further than I let it go last night. ??

So my print still came out really bad. I went to try and level my bed as I noticed it may be a little off and realized the new Creality Silent board doesn't have a Bed Leveling option in the menu. Went down an Arduino rabbit hole to create new firmware and flash the board to enable the setting. WHAT. A. DIFFERENCE. ??? This thing is printing near flawless now.

TL:DNR - Level your bed often. ????

I am blown away by your 3D printing prowess. I like your functional Aero designs for the wing and front diffuser.
Really nice video.
I'm getting motivated.:LOL: Yeah, my Limitless video and Tag is way overdue, I know.:rolleyes:

Glad you got it sorted man.. is the petg still popping out the nozzle? Or all good now?

Glad you got it sorted man.. is the petg still popping out the nozzle? Or all good now?
As soon as I leveled the bed it never had an issue again. I think the head was too close to the bed and stopping the flow or something. Went from nightmare to perfection with the leveling. Unreal. I’m still learning ??

Well another day another PB, but not as much as I’d hoped. Today I hit 96mph despite a windy day. I believe I would have hit 100mph had it not been the cross breeze that took me airborne at 96mph.

35EE2383-C076-4871-9FB8-84B62C20EE2A.jpeg

I am still having range issues, so I think I need to change out the receiver for one with an external antenna. I’m using the R304SB-E currently and will change to the R304SB instead.

Incredible speed for a 3S chassis.
Thanks ?? but I know it’s got quite a bit more in it. I need to resolve the range issues and try on a non-windy day. I’ll be happy with 100mph but I’m sure it has at least 110mph abilities if I can get this aero dialed in. I’m thinking the amount of rear wing on this body is excessive. I’ve seen other speed guys trimming this area down.

I think it's great. I think many of us come here for this kind of good information, and I for sure like some of the longer videos. Always something to learn. Thanks for posting.

s

What is the purpose of the wing then? I like the looks, but I will just take it off if there is no benefit.
I guess I haven’t updated this thread with the new body and if you haven’t seen the build thread, you wouldn’t know about it.

I’m running a Delta Jag body now to cover the wheels. It has a built in “wing” area in the rear that I’ve seen others cut out.

73A74CE1-3020-48C8-8B27-E700915C6044.jpeg

If you look at @phildogg car, he cut out what looks like half of the rear wing area

51DE4B6E-9ED4-4A7F-932D-C6668EDA8357.png

I am going to pop the SD card into my PC and see if the footage is worth posting. I’m hoping that it’s not too far away when it went airborne because it was pretty wicked ???

OK, here's the vid*...

*it is uncut and boring, so don't watch it. ;)

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back